Lowest prices for your stay
US$134
Free cancellation until 24/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$26
Expedia.comUS$127
eDreamsUS$134
HurbUS$140
All reviews pate cooked to perfection lamb evening meal short break lovely hotel two night stay both nights high street kippers breakfast was delicious well worth a visit top floor couple of nights lovely room dog eaves
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

We have just spent a very pleasant weekend in this comfortable and friendly hotel. All the staff were very supportive in these difficult times. Our meals were outstanding. It was all good value for money and we would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2020

The meal was delivered on time and was well presented. The food was fresh and looked recently prepared. The meal was tasty and very enjoyable and I shall be ordering again. I also had a pudding with custard. This was delivered to me cold to be heated when I had eaten my main meal. The meal was perfect I cannot fault the meal. The staff was friendly and polite when I ordered and also when they delivered. I ordered my meal on a Friday but this service is also available on Sundays and available to be preordered a couple of days before, during week.
The menu is available from the hotel as is delivery times.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2020

We were booked to go to this hotel last weekend, unfortunately the Welsh government stopped it. The reason I’m sending a positive review is the professional way the dealt with this issue and refunded our money. Yes we know they had to refund but they did it in such a professional way I want to tell everyone. Some major groups should take note. And because of this we will be going as soon as possible, good luck and thanks.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Hazel Johnson-Ollier, Owner at Bishopsgate House Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2020

A Huge Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it is very much appreciated. these are incredibly difficult times and hopefully your review will help others understand they can book with confidence if things don't turn out as planned.

Reviewed 12 October 2020

The hotel is in a good location on the high street, and they have their own car park round the back of the hotel. We had a lovely warm and comfortable room with good sized bathroom, and it was a pleasure to come back to. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. We were reassured that everything was done very safely in the hotel by all the staff. Breakfast was excellent with a full choice. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the food was first class with a good selection in the menu. We will definitely be coming back again.

Reviewed 7 October 2020

Stayed here for two nights in October as a mini break. Easy to locate on main road with good parking at the rear. Reception was very welcoming. Room was quirky being in the garret but clean, warm and comfortable. Highlight was the excellent dinners on both nights. Good range of choices on the menue and an extensive wine list, all superb. The bar has an extensive range of spirits and beers to suit all tastes.
The hotel is closed from 12 till 3 for deep cleaning daily as part of the Covid-19 restrictions. Staff wear PPE at all times and guests are requested to wear face masks at all times.

2  Thank Paul S