Lowest prices for your stay
US$146
Expedia.comUS$143
PricelineUS$143
eDreamsUS$146
1,092 results
All reviews coffee shop sea view menai straits queen victoria coffee lounge scones traditional hotel lovely hotel car park large room evening meal a lovely stay sea front for sunday lunch lovely view four poster bed lovely room
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 December 2018 via mobile

We arranged to meet some friends in Beaumaris and decided to book a hotel in the area in advance to make it a short weekend stay. This hotel come up on booking.com for a Saturday with a great price compared to other sites and hotels in the area to include breakfast and free carparking. Room was available from 3.00pm however we arrived early around late morning to see if we could use the car park and the receptionist was lovely and she said our room was ready if we wanted to check in too which we did! Very surprised with the hotel, staff very professional and the hotel inside was very grand We felt like royalty as we were treated fabulous by all the staff! Our room was no.116 which is the room on the first floor right above the main front entrance where the flags were on our balcony Room was a nice size with both a bath and a separate shower in our ensuite bathroom. All the usual complimemtary tea and coffee with biscuits and also bathroom toiletries including shower and hair gels. High ceilings and long draps in our room made it feel very grand too. Very comfy rooms and facilities in the hotels was surprising including Spa, hairdressers and an art gallery, fabulous! We both had a great night sleep and in the morning we both agreed that the breakfast was one if the best we have ever had in a hotel. The staff were very professional and the attention to detail and presentation was excellent Thank you for a lovely stay, we will look forward to our next stay here

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

Visited the Bulkeley during the Christmas fair and was delighted to be told they had a table available. The staff were fantastic and the food was delicious. The building is lovely and it had a great relaxed atmosphere.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2018

What a fantastic view of the Menai Straight, we had a stunning room with a view (room 201). Very well decorated and recently renovated room to a very high standard, beautiful bath room and very clean.
The hotel may be a little tiered but it had a very warm and homely feel to it. The staff were very, very welcoming and helpful.
All around the hotel corridors and reception areas you could find an aclectic mix of local and historic trinkets and memorabilia that you could purchase.
We found the hotel very warm and comfortable, great beers and menu for local and international food. the Breakfast was very tasty and to a high standard
There is also a coffee lounge and amazing cakes and afternoon tea
I can highly recommend a stay at the Hotel

Room tip: Second floor has been renovated and rooms 201-205 have fantastic sea views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2018

My parents, Aunt and Uncle recently stayed at The Bulkley for a long weekend to celebrate my Father's 79th birthday. I rang the hotel on the morning of his birthday to ask to leave some money to pay for a bottle of wine/drinks with their evening meal and paid by card over the phone. I requested that my Father was told when they came down for their evening meal. Unfortunately the first my father knew about this when he came to pay the bill on departure and he asked what the deduction was for! There was no apology at the time for not letting him know on his birthday so when he told me I contacted the hotel manager to let him know how disappointed I was. Sadly the manager did accept that they had done anything wrong! He said that thy had told the restaurant staff and didn't know why they hadn't said anything but the restaurant manager was away so they couldn't (wouldn't) find out why or do anything about it. I have still not had an apology or received any kind of acknowledgment that they have made a mistake. My complaint has only been received with contempt and arrogance. I cannot remember a time when I have been spoken to so rudely; very unnecessary and disappointing.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Due to the inclement weather we found ourselves in The Bulkeley Hotel Bistro to get something to eat for lunch and get out of the rain. What a pleasant surprise to find the bistro was a hidden delight. The service was prompt , and the food excellent. So much so , that we returned again to sample the Sunday roast , a choice of beef , turkey or lamb, which again did not disappoint. A big thank to Chef Jones and his team for turning a rainy day into one to remember for a gastronomic delight.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple