Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$517
US$517
Hotels.com
CheapTicketsUS$517
Orbitz.comUS$517
All reviews tasting menu michelin star wine flight welcome drink valet parking stately home beautiful hotel the general manager shetland ponies pure luxury to celebrate our wedding anniversary stunning grounds public rooms are entrance hall moment you arrive sunday lunch homemade biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 June 2021

We styled two nights. We found the standard of the room is very poor and unbelievable for a five star hotel. The television was screened by reflection and not visible from the bed. We complained to manager who suggested close all the curtains which did not solve the problem so we were moved to an upgraded room. We could not believe the standard of furniture. They were of very poor standard what you see in a clearance auction.
The wardrobe’s door was lopsided and only close and open with bang!. It was not fit for purpose.The bed was antiquated.
The building, the surroundings and food are very pleasing. Staff very helpful and attentive.
All in all, most certainly not of a five star standard and the extortionate prices but a one star is more appropriate.
This is our opinion and experience.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank February1200
Debbie Cappadona, General Manager at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2021

Good afternoon

I will thank you for your review, as we always appreciate guests taking time to write to us, but on this occasion this was not a pleasant read at all.

I was the manager who attended to your tv issue, I was on hand to help but you were most unpleasant to me whilst I was trying to help.

You were offered a room move to our Victoria suite, which was a better option for you and you were able to watch the tv comfortably. This room is steeped with history as some of the furnishings are original from when Queen Victoria stayed here in 1889 and also a firm favourite with our regular guests.

I did speak to your wife later in the evening and she thanked me for the room move and seemed happy with the change.

We are very proud of our achievements and 5 red star status. I think the your comment regarding one star more appropriate is very hurtful and unfair.

Wishing you all the best for the summer.

Regards

Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

Palé Hall is a beautiful building, set in spectacular grounds a few miles from Lake Bala. Our room (Carmarthen) gave us a sweeping view over the gardens, and was very well maintained and equipped. Housekeeping, too, was excellent, with some thoughtful touches (fresh milk delivered each evening, for example).

Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed an inventive and delicious meal in the "fine dining" restaurant on the first night, and a very good bistro meal on the second night. Breakfasts, too, were first-class.

I really wanted to give five stars along with this review, but there were a few small errors of communication and co-ordination during our stay. I would be more than happy to discuss these with the hotel management. They didn't spoil our stay, and we would be more than happy to visit Palé Hall again in the future. It's clearly a place with big ambitions, and, given the friendly encounters with staff and the quality of both the room and the food, those ambitions deserve to come to fruition. Thanks to everyone for an enjoyable stay!

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Traveller092

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for your kind review.

It is always lovely to receive comments about the team and compliments regarding our food offerings. I am sure Gareth and the team will be delighted to hear how much you enjoyed it.

I will certainly be happy to receive more details about the "small errors", please feel free to email me on generalmanager@palehall.co.uk should you wish to.

I do very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Take care.

Reviewed 14 June 2021

I took my wife here for a 50th birthday trip and we were both absolutely delighted with our stay. The hall and gardens are beatiful. The service struck the perfect balance between polished and professional, and warm and personable.
Our room (Llangollen) was elegant, with some fun whimsical details. My wife loved the roll-top bath in the room with lovely views over the grounds and having breakfast in the room on the morning of her birthday was a perfect birthday morning. I ordered flowers, chocolates and a cake to be in the room on our arrival and these were all of the best quality, with a stunning bouquet and divine handmade chocolates.
The public areas are very grand spaces but relaxed and not imposing. You feel at ease dressed up or down. The drinks are perfect, with some very fine wines and spirits available, nicely balanced with a good selection of beers and wines by the glass. The cocktails were a hit with my wife, all impeccably made and served.
We dined in the casual dining bistro for our first night and the food was excellent. We took the 8 course fine dining option for our second night, and what a spectacular meal it was! The dining room is a grand, elegant space making the perfect setting for a special occasion and the food was flawless. We are both fortunate to have eaten in some special places and the 8 course menu at Pale was the equal the best out there. The menu was accessible, rather than trying to be challenging or unique as some fine dining can, but for an occasion and setting as this, it was all the better for it. Each course was delectable.
We left feeling we'd had a perfect celebration getaway, and while such luxury and service necessarily price tag, the value felt good for such an exceptional stay. We'll certainly be back one day!

Date of stay: June 2021
2  Thank JonathanW3447

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I am delighted we delivered a perfect celebration for your wife's special birthday.

I will certainly share your kind words to the whole team and very much hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Take care.

Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

Really lovely stay at the hotel, it is tastefully decorated and beautifully presented. The real charm of this hotel is its staff, and we’d like to offer our humble gratitude to ALL staff who have been taken good care of our little families and the naughty corgi, with special thanks to Laura, Nicholas, Paul and Luke whose hospitality have been warmly received. It has been a shame that we live in a time that the staff and us had to exchange communications behind a face mask (but am certainly in support of this for safety of all), despite so, we can feel the big welcoming smiles behind the mask of every staff that we spoke to.

The only downside was 1) there are little facilities to use beyond rooms / garden (eg no swimming pool, spa or tennis court etc) and 2) our room Pembroke’s window was fixed to only open at a small angle so the first two nights in ‘heatwave’ were not an experience I’d want to repeat again, BUT the hotel staff acknowledged our complaints quickly and found solutions to help us on that swiftly, so overall a very lovely stay and we shall be back again. 3) there could be sanitisers or wipes in other smaller common rooms so some OCD kinda guests like me can feel a bit better to have these to use by hand rather than going around main hallways to get them.

Thanks to the team members that with whom we had the pleasure meeting over the past few days, you have made our stay!

Room tip: Book Michelin starred or styled top restaurants nearby as early as possible, there are not that many so book early to avoid disappointments
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Samuel H
Debbie Cappadona, General Manager at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2021

Good afternoon

Thank you for your very recent review.

It is always lovely to read comments about our team and I will certainly share your special thanks with those mentioned.

I have taken on board the comments regarding extra sanitisers and wipes in other areas around the hotel, thank you.

All our bedroom windows have a security chain on them only to be opened slightly as this is a Health & Safety requirement, sorry if this caused any inconvenience.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to the hotel again very soon.

Take care and have a lovely summer.

Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

The wow factor of this hotel hits you as soon as you enter the long drive to the entrance.

Both the buildings and gardens are magnificent and our Turret room was beautifully designed with lovely views over the gardens towards the hills in the distance.

Next time we stay here, we will definitely go for the tasting menu as the only other option is the Huntsman Bar & Bistro which has limited choice and is basically rather expensive pub food.

We opted for breakfast delivered to our room and this was excellent.

Overall a sumptuous treat in a magical setting

Room tip: Mobile reception is very patchy and even the hotel’s internet is only marginally better.
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank cltw3

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for your recent review.

I was delighted to hear you had a lovely stay with us.

You must try the tasting menu when you visit us next, it is truly memorable dining experience.

Take care and hope to welcome you again soon.