Hotels.com
Hurb
Destinia.com
StayForLong
Priceline
All reviews tasting menu michelin star wine flight welcome drink valet parking stately home beautiful hotel the general manager shetland ponies pure luxury to celebrate our wedding anniversary stunning grounds public rooms are entrance hall moment you arrive sunday lunch homemade biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2021

Stayed overnight in October. Well greated then abandoned and had to find someone to show us our room. Gorgeous building. The communal areas are also gorgeous. The route to our turret room got less exciting. Turret rooms are interesting but the TV come mirror does not work as the sun shines on it in such a way you cannot see the screen. Lovely bathroom. Grounds are nice but not as expansive as Hotel info would suggest. Breakfast was OK but they allow dogs in which I was not aware of. I also got stuck behind a wooden screen - there for COVID but it meant any view I had was gone.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank BirminghamNetty
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2021

Good morning

Thank you your your recent review.

Our very warm welcome which we are very proud of, has unfortunately had to change slightly. I like to think you had a warm smiley greeting and a glass of fizz on arrival to welcome you to the house.

I am so sorry to hear that you had to find someone to take you to your room, I can only think the team may of been welcoming other guests at the time, as the process is a little more detailed as hopefully you can appreciate in these COVID times.

Our turret rooms are very popular in their location, I was surprised to read the comments regarding your route to the room given the fact you would of walked up our glorious grand hall staircase.

Thank you for feeding back the comments about the sunshine making watching to TV difficult, I would of thought the blinds fitted in this area should of helped with this.

We do offer a breakfast dining facility for our furry friends with their owners but there is always a second option for those that are not comfortable with this offering.

Our friendly team on site are always very accommodating with guests requests and happy to change ensure they have the best experience.

Reviewed 19 December 2020 via mobile

Wonderful!
An exceptional venue.
Staff could not have welcomed us more, service was second to none!
Lovely food - a fantastic pre-Christmas treat. Such a shame that others will be unable to enjoy due to the latest restrictions. Looking forwards to visiting again in 2021.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank BolMawr2020

Good morning

Thank you so much for your very kind review.

I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2020

Stayed here in November using a Secret Escapes Deal postponed from April. We had been about 10/15 years ago but how different it is now! Very warm and welcoming, the young staff were excellent ; the vegetarian tasting menu delicious; the rooms traditional but with a modern twist; the grounds lovely. All in all I can't reccommend it enough.

Date of stay: November 2020
3  Thank Jefy

Good morning

Thank you so much for your kind review.

I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 December 2020

Palé Hall oozes understated elegance throughout its stunning Victorian “pile”. The views over the Welsh hills and the wide and powerful river Dee are lovely. The location is a rural idyll with pheasants, rabbits, squirrels, many species of bird, Shetland ponies, a braying donkey and I think I spotted a Mellors!

Decked out for Christmas, the warm atmosphere within stemmed from a combination of blazing, wood fires, the intricate wooden panelling and block flooring and a welcoming staff.

The tasting menu plus wine flight were top notch with first rate service.

Our room, Churchill, was outstanding and how fortunate we were in our choice of it - four-poster bed, a huge bath made from copper and zinc, and wallpaper and furnishings that felt William Morris. It was very much somewhere you could quite happily spend hours in.

This is a special place. Excellent staff, we’ll award Luke “seren y gêm”.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank MoldNurseteacher
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2020

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for such a glowing review.

It is always delightful to receive lovely comments about the house and the team who look after her.

Luke is a little gem and is so proud to work at Pale, and we are very lucky to have him on board.

I do hope we can welcome you again soon.

Take care and all the very best for the festive season.

Reviewed 29 November 2020 via mobile

Lovely Hotel- spotlessly clean. Went for Sunday lunch -choice on menu wasn’t extensive but ample apart from the starter which was only a choice of three. Soup was pored into a large bowl -cereal size which hardly covered the bottom and no bread was served with it -very disappointing as soup is so cheap to produce-it was also luke warm. I did advise the waitress of this matter and that it was the smallest portion by far that I’d ever had -her answer was-I’ll advise the chef and that was it- no response !!I I also heard the next table discussing portion size! The main and sweet were acceptable. Felt comfortable and a relaxing atmosphere here in a very nice location.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Good afternoon

Thank you for your review.

I will email you personally to discuss your dining experience further.