Hotels.com
Priceline
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews tasting menu michelin star wine flight welcome drink valet parking stately home beautiful hotel the general manager shetland ponies pure luxury to celebrate our wedding anniversary stunning grounds public rooms are entrance hall moment you arrive sunday lunch homemade biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Incredible experience. Every single member of staff were absolutely fantastic. Nothing too much trouble for them. Food was magnificent. Room was spectacular. Furnishings and paintings throughout are wonderful. Grounds are extremely well kept. I’d just like to congratulate you all at Pale Hall. You’re doing an amazing job without making it look like hard work. Well done.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mowen123
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2020

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed the food in the restaurant and your very kind words about the team will be shared with them.

I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.

Take care and stay safe

Reviewed 7 November 2020

This is a truly amazing hotel.

Our stay here was the first day they reopened after the lockdown in Wales and it was extra special. The staff go out of their way to look after you, and all are clearly very passionate about their Hotel and guests. Our room, the Churchill Suite was lovely. We had a minor problem but the owner himself, Alan Harper, came to apologise at breakfast the next morning. His goodwill gesture was very generous. Debbie the General Manager is very visible and just loves the hotel and her job. We look forward to staying again.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank goonerdspa66
Reviewed 28 October 2020

My mother and I booked an impromptu afternoon tea at Pale Hall whilst on a short break in Bala. From the booking to leaving EVERY member of staff made us feel welcome including our English Bull Terrier Doris. On arrival, I thought we probably weren't appropriately dressed for the occasion as we had been walking, and the impression was that it was a suit and tie place, however, my judgment was unnecessary as we were given such a warm welcome from the staff. They sat us in the bar area due to he dog, this was a little, lovely if not grand looking room. Our waiter was Louy who was such a friendly, bubbly guy. Also, polite and professional and always happy to help with a bit of sense of humour added in. It was such a lovely experience, and the afternoon tea was delicious...LOTS of delicious cakes, some of which we took away as the serving was plentiful.
I would highly recommend this hotel for afternoon tea, it was lovely all round. Thank you to all at Pale Hall, especially under such difficult circumstances with the COVID restrictions changing weekly in Wales.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank aliboulton
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

We love our dogs here at Pale and it is always lovely to welcome them.

I am go glad to read your enjoyed your afternoon tea and that you were able to take some home to finish.

I do hope you will come and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2020

Being a solo traveller hotel visits can vary greatly. Pale' Hall are exceptional from arriving to leaving the care that Debbie and all the staff gave was excellent. I was made to feel special and very comfortable in the amazing areas within the hotel and gardens. I had a Turret Room which I've stayed in before and again it was stunning with lovely views over the gardens,all the little touches made the stay memorable. Many thanks to Chef and the kitchen staff for very tasty and delicious food. The care the hotel and staff have to do in these very challenging times is excellent. Again many thanks Debbie and your lovely staff. Looking forward to my next visit.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Yvonne P
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

I am delighted to read you were well cared for and you enjoyed your visit again to us.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave this hotel thinks of everything. We stayed in a classic room which was gorgeous with views of the beautiful setting. From fabulously comfortable beds to luxuriously appointed bathrooms all spotlessly clean.
Lunch was excellent with the best chunky chips I’ve ever seen or tasted before! Dinner was a choice of an 8 or 5 course tasting menu, we had 5 and yes the portions are small but every course was superb and we were full at the end. Everything is homemade using local produce. The wine list is pricey as you would expect but excellent including a selection of English wines. There was a comprehensive choice at breakfast including the traditional full welsh and a delicious smoked haddock to choose from. Last but by no means least the wonderful staff. There’s nothing stuffy about this 5* hotel the atmosphere is totally relaxed and friendly from the minute you arrive in the car park and are greeted by a member of the team. Staff then work really hard to make you feel at home, they are well trained and nothing is too much trouble.
Thanks Palé Hall for an amazing birthday/ anniversary stay.

Room tip: Every room is fabulous go for the best you can afford
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank alysont662
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Good morning

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am always delighted to read such lovely comments especially about our team and love sharing this with them.

We appreciate the mention about local produce, as it is very important for us to continually support our local farmers and growers.

Glad to hear the birthday and anniversary celebrations went well too.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Take care and stay safe.