Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
CheapTickets
All reviews tasting menu michelin star wine flight welcome drink valet parking stately home beautiful hotel the general manager shetland ponies pure luxury to celebrate our wedding anniversary stunning grounds public rooms are entrance hall moment you arrive sunday lunch homemade biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2020

My mother and I booked an impromptu afternoon tea at Pale Hall whilst on a short break in Bala. From the booking to leaving EVERY member of staff made us feel welcome including our English Bull Terrier Doris. On arrival, I thought we probably weren't appropriately dressed for the occasion as we had been walking, and the impression was that it was a suit and tie place, however, my judgment was unnecessary as we were given such a warm welcome from the staff. They sat us in the bar area due to he dog, this was a little, lovely if not grand looking room. Our waiter was Louy who was such a friendly, bubbly guy. Also, polite and professional and always happy to help with a bit of sense of humour added in. It was such a lovely experience, and the afternoon tea was delicious...LOTS of delicious cakes, some of which we took away as the serving was plentiful.
I would highly recommend this hotel for afternoon tea, it was lovely all round. Thank you to all at Pale Hall, especially under such difficult circumstances with the COVID restrictions changing weekly in Wales.

Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank aliboulton
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

We love our dogs here at Pale and it is always lovely to welcome them.

I am go glad to read your enjoyed your afternoon tea and that you were able to take some home to finish.

I do hope you will come and visit us again very soon.

Reviewed 11 October 2020

Being a solo traveller hotel visits can vary greatly. Pale' Hall are exceptional from arriving to leaving the care that Debbie and all the staff gave was excellent. I was made to feel special and very comfortable in the amazing areas within the hotel and gardens. I had a Turret Room which I've stayed in before and again it was stunning with lovely views over the gardens,all the little touches made the stay memorable. Many thanks to Chef and the kitchen staff for very tasty and delicious food. The care the hotel and staff have to do in these very challenging times is excellent. Again many thanks Debbie and your lovely staff. Looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank Yvonne P
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Good Afternoon

Thank you so much for such a lovely review.

I am delighted to read you were well cared for and you enjoyed your visit again to us.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 October 2020

From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave this hotel thinks of everything. We stayed in a classic room which was gorgeous with views of the beautiful setting. From fabulously comfortable beds to luxuriously appointed bathrooms all spotlessly clean.
Lunch was excellent with the best chunky chips I’ve ever seen or tasted before! Dinner was a choice of an 8 or 5 course tasting menu, we had 5 and yes the portions are small but every course was superb and we were full at the end. Everything is homemade using local produce. The wine list is pricey as you would expect but excellent including a selection of English wines. There was a comprehensive choice at breakfast including the traditional full welsh and a delicious smoked haddock to choose from. Last but by no means least the wonderful staff. There’s nothing stuffy about this 5* hotel the atmosphere is totally relaxed and friendly from the minute you arrive in the car park and are greeted by a member of the team. Staff then work really hard to make you feel at home, they are well trained and nothing is too much trouble.
Thanks Palé Hall for an amazing birthday/ anniversary stay.

Room tip: Every room is fabulous go for the best you can afford
1  Thank alysont662
Angela Harper, Owner at Pale Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Good morning

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

I am always delighted to read such lovely comments especially about our team and love sharing this with them.

We appreciate the mention about local produce, as it is very important for us to continually support our local farmers and growers.

Glad to hear the birthday and anniversary celebrations went well too.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

Take care and stay safe.

Reviewed 7 October 2020 via mobile

This is a beautiful house, which has been tastefully renovated. This destination hotel has the main attraction of a fantastic restaurant which I would highly recommend. The entire evening was slick, professional and very impressive. Some reviews we read commented on how they could not find staff - this certainly was not our experience so I can only assume it was a post lockdown blip which has now been addressed. The breakfast was amazing and again beautifully served. The ONLY Achilles heel to this hotel is The Huntsman bistro. We ate here on the first night; the food was good, but for the price the service should also be equally as special. This bistro alternative has the potential to really add to the experience but unfortunately in our experience was disappointing.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kaytie66

Good afternoon

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.

I will certainly pass on your very kind words regarding the food offering you received throughout your stay, Gareth will be delighted to hear this.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2020

We stayed at the Pale Hall Hotel over Sunday night and was so impressed with the all aspects of the stay, the hotel is fantastic. We were in the Camarthen room on the second floor, the room has spectacular views of the surrounding hills. The staff are polite and helpful without being overbearing, We ate in the restaurant, the eight course taster menu was excellent. Will defiantly return.

1  Thank Mj-34-689

Good morning

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your eight course tasting menu, I will certainly share your kind words to Gareth and the team.

Take care and I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel very soon.