All reviews poster bed a lovely small hotel paninis moules set menu family get together spacious room cardigan bay evening meal comfortable stay stayed for nights sea front first class high standard criccieth castle views courses
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Have just spent a lovely weekend at the Moelwyn, nice rooms, nice breakfast and excellent hosts.
We booked 3 rooms and all had great views across the bay and were clean,warm and the beds were very comfortable.
Looking forward to returning soon

Room Tip: 4 poster room is lovely
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We stayed for 2 nights in Room 2 with a 4 poster bed, modern bed, but big and very comfortable. The room was clean and spacious with adequate wardrobe and drawer space. The en-suite was great! Big, clean and with a whirlpool bath that was very relaxing after a day walking in the wind and rain! Decoration was good, well finished and well maintained.
Breakfasts were generous, well cooked and delicious. Service was good and the staff were really helpful.
My only gripe was that the room is described on the website as having "stunning views of the Bay & Criccieth Castle", it does have a great view of the bay (the window is smaller than I would have liked but I accept that the chimney breast precludes a larger view!). However, no matter how hard we tried we could not see the castle! Maybe we were looking the wrong way? The second window does have a great view of trees and the kitchen bins though!
We loved it overall though and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Great place to stay. Fantastic food.
I’ve stayed here many times over the years – and it only gets better.
Friendly staff, good service, great food. Super location. What more need I say...?!
We’ll definitely be back again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed for a night's B&B here while on a weekend away in north Wales. We found it a brilliant location (right on the seafront) with very friendly staff, a comfortable and clean room and a great breakfast. The only one thing I would say is that our room/ bathroom were quite small and could possibly do with being tarted up a bit. Otherwise, it was a lovely night's stay and I would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan M
Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was a lovely hotel to stay in. The bedrooms were stylish and smart the restaurant with it's lovely views over Criccieth Bay , and the smart décor were only surpassed by the food offered. In general the hospitality was first class and you had the feeling of being in a cosy but smart family run Hotel. We will definitely stay there again .

Room Tip: Room 2 had a jacussi bath and 4 poster bed
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple