All reviewsfamily roomcriccieth castledog friendly hotelhot waterbunk bedssitting roomeaster weekendbreakfast was deliciousroom was largefantastic viewsstayed for nightsmartinseabinocularsloungeensuitehosts
Reviewed 1 September 2017

We have just returned after two nights in a family room at the Marine Hotel. I've read some of the reviews on here and they reflect more on the persons posting them than they do the hotel. It's a solid 'middle of the market' hotel i.e it's not high end (as some reviewers seemed to expect) and it's not bottom end. It's comfy. We had a great room wth a stunning view of the castle and sea. Breakfast is great. It has a great location and the owners were very friendly. Ignore the very bitter and 'snob' brigade reviews.

Room Tip: Ask for a castle view room
2  Thank Far_n_Wide_Back
Reviewed 30 August 2017

I phoned up a few days before to book a family room for us and our 3 kids. Rare to find a room which accommodates 5. I didn't need to pay a deposits and the booking was quickly sorted. On arrival at 3pm we we're shown up to our room - sure, the hotel isn't brand new, and looks a little tired from the outside, but it was clean and we'll kept inside and our room was nice. TV had the kids channels we needed. Didn't try the Wi-Fi. We had an ensuite bathroom with a bath not shower (except bath tap attached shower head ) but that was fine for our family needs. We had two windows, one had a view of the castle which is right next to the castle. The only issue we had with the room was that the bunk bed squeaked every time the person in the top bunk moved which got annoying after a while. Breakfast was lovely and the owners were willing to cater for our kids requests which was good. Overall a good place to stay in a lovely village.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Really disappointed with this hotel! I paid £97 for one night and the room was awful. There was damp up the walls, mould in the shower and a layer of dust on everything. The wifi didn't reach up to my room. I was also put in a room with 2 single beds and a view of a car park which costs the same as a family room with 4 beds which I find a little baffling. All in all not a great stay and I would not recommend at all. I'm sure there's something cheaper and nicer around the corner.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 4 August 2017

It is interesting reading the variety of comments in peoples reviews. We got back today after 3 nights at the hotel and we have had a really great time. I went with my daughters 21, and 19 and our little dog. We had a lovely family room with a view of the castle and the sea. The room was a great size. Yes the hotel is a little tired looking and in need of a refurb BUT, we were out and about all day and evening, we had everything we needed and it is a fantastic base, in a beautiful location. Martin and Gaynor could not have been more friendly and helpful. They were delightful, couldn't do enough for us and gave us great advice on places to visit. The front lounge has a beautiful view of the sea and they have put 2 chairs right infront of the window with binoculars for anyone to use.
If you are on a budget as we were, it's perfect. Breakfast was great.
We ate out 2 nights at an amazing pub 12 minutes away called The Goat Inn and one night in Pwlheli 14 minutes away. We had lunch at a gorgeous cafe on the beach down the road. Lovely town to stay in and as I said great to visit many surrounding towns.

Room Tip: Ask for Sea view
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights with our dog.
The owners are very friendly.
Our room was large with a lovely bay window , extra bed and a comfortable sofa.
The bed was comfortable and the hotel clean and welcoming.
Breakfast is excellent.

The weather was terrible but the hotel was smashing!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family