All reviewsfamily roomcriccieth castledog friendly hotelhot waterbunk bedssitting roomeaster weekendbreakfast was deliciousroom was largefantastic viewsstayed for nightsmartinseabinocularsloungeensuitehosts
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for two nights, it was a nice clean room with a comfortable bed. The couple running it were pleasant and the breakfast was lovely.
The location is great for the castle view & short walks to the beaches.
It could do with a bit of tlc on the outside & it isn't the cheapest place to stay but we enjoyed our stay at short notice.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2016

Needed a break, somewhere quite where we could gaze out to sea and lose ourselves for a while so the off season village of Criccieth seemed an ideal place. Billed as "quirky" the Marine Hotel lived up to its billing but the room (the best in the house) was large with a sitting area in front of a large window which overlooked a wide expanse of sea to the front and the Castle to the left. Breakfast was included and there was a bar and restaurant on site. Not cheap, over £100 per night but bags of character. They roll up the pavement at 10 o'clock but if you are in reflective mood, no place better to sit and knock a few soulful tunes out on your Taylor.

Room Tip: Want the best view, book the best room.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped here overnight to visit family nearby. The marine hotel is very dated and I was very disappointed with how much we spent for one night, it certainly wasn't worth the money. The bar was basic. The "restaurant" was ok and had a bit of choice although we only had breakfast here. I was very taken back by the owners. They never seemed pleased to see you and they didn't engage with you very much. It felt like they didn't want us there. I never complain, but it's hard to see that I would ever visit let alone stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

Seeing that the weather was going to be good on 2-3 October, I decided to book a room at a dog-friendly hotel in Criccieth. I was delighted when I was able to book at the Marine Hotel, which is opposite the castle and overlooking the West Beach. When I was a kid (I'm 63 now) my family holidayed every year in Criccieth and every now and again we'd play Criccieth Quiz, where we had to name streets and locations. The Marine was always included because of the quirky architecture and prominent position. I found the accommodation affordable and comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The decor and furniture are a little tired, and the exterior could do with a lick of paint, but I recommend the Marine as a convenient b&b with off-road parking opposite.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The location of this hotel is perfect and the views amazing. Upon arriving it is in desperate need of an update both inside and out. The residents toilets are shocking. The lady who runs it is very pleasant and helpful and the dining area and food really good. With some money spent on it, it could be a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family