2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$132
Expedia.comUS$132
PricelineUS$132
Official HotelUS$132
eDreamsUS$132
FindHotelUS$132
4,008 results
All reviews leisure facilities lovely hotel cheshire oaks friday night course meal weekend break north wales excellent value for money spa chester starbucks pub sky zoo motorway
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020

Very shabby room with awful decor which would send you bad if staying longer than 1 night. Cleaning left a lot to be desired but the bedding and towels were good.
Bathroom had stained peeling paint around the basin area. The bathroom was clean and we had plenty of hot water.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Donn Timmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Chester St David's, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2021

Dear Sue,

Thank you for sharing your review.

I am sorry to learn that you experienced some issues but do hope that we may welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 11 December 2020

Having spent 3 hours of my time, 5 phone-calls and two emails to try and ensure that the room I had booked in advance was fully accessible with roll-in shower for my disabled wife, I vainly hoped that we would be offered the facilities promised on arrival.
I should have known better. It has happened too many times to us before. Hotels promise accessibility and fall very short on their promises in our experience. That is why I take the time, trouble and effort to research and contact hotels in advance to minimise disappointment.
On arrival, haven just driven 200 miles, we were given an alleged “fully accessible” room on the ground floor of the hotel. It had wider doors, peep holes and grab-rails in the bathroom. Unfortunately, what it did not have and what we had specifically requested, was a roll-in shower. It had a bath! No-use to someone who is fully confined to their wheelchair. My wife would now have to suffer the indignity of not being able to wash appropriately for our three day stay.
I immediately contacted reception and was given the very blunt choice. “You can accept the room available or have a full refund – there are no other options!”. Having just travelled 200 miles – we were “over a barrel” and were not likely to easily find accessible accommodation at short notice.
The room was very reasonable for an able-bodied guest. However, it was not well-designed or laid out for someone confined to a wheelchair. The beds were too low (below level of wheelchair seat). Likewise the toilet seat was too low. There was not sufficient room around the sides of the beds and, on the one side which did have some room they had put a very large, heavy chair and lamp standard to take up the only available space to turn a wheelchair around in.
The few sockets available were hidden behind cabinetry and TV on wall opposite the bed. Little or no use to charge chair beside disabled person or for other essential medical equipment.
After three days stay, and 40 minutes before we left, I received a call from Donn Timmons, Manager of Village Chester St Davids. He apologised for the lack of fully accessible accommodation and offered a full refund for our stay. Whilst his call and refund were very much appreciated. It was too little, too late! The apology should have happened at the start of our stay – not when were about to leave.
All in all, a totally unsatisfactory experience. I would certainly NOT recommend to this hotel for anyone who requires additional facilities due to disability. On booking and on arrival staff were less than sympathetic or helpful. Not a good first impression.

Dear Russel

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to speak with me directly on the phone.

Please accept my ap[ogies that a member of staff gave incorrect information and training in this area has taken place to ensure this remains a one off.

We are committed to ensuring our facilities are suitable for all guests and please rest assured that the issues that you have described will be dealt with during the next refurbishment.

We do hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel quite a lot over the last couple of months and have stayed in 4 different rooms. All have the same theme... dirty and require renovation. The bathrooms more so. They are dirty and run down (see images).

Staff have always been nice and helpful though. I can’t comment on the food/ drink as I never dined here.

Thankfully work was paying for the room, as I wouldn’t have been happy paying out of my own pocket, and I would not consider staying here in future.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank lewis1956

Dear Lewis

Thank you for sharing your review.

I am sorry that you experienced issues with dust in your bathroom. Where we now use only paper rolls to clean as these are disposable, these do create additional dust.

We look forward to renovating our bathrooms in the near future.

I hope that we may welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2020

Menu not clear and food certainly not value for money. Definitely not a meal deal. Just a ploy to get your money up front. Had to question the bill as they added the meal twice on my bill. The waiter not clear on how the meal deal worked as he said he did not have a button on the till

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn that your meal experience detracted from your overall experience.

We continuously carry out training in this area and hope that we may welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2020

Not a good stay at this hotel serious lack of cleaning.
We were a family with a young child and we had to travel to seek an evening meal because there was no table available for us at the hotel to enjoy a meal.

Date of stay: November 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your review.

I was concerned to learn of a lack of cleaning and sorry that you were unable to use our restaurant as we were fully booked

We do hope that we can welcome you in the future.