“Class”

Presthaven Holiday Park
Reviewed 23 October 2011

When I arrived felt like any other park. We went into a room were they gave us keys and there was a tele to entertain children while we were collecting them. When we arrived in our caravan it was reasonably clean bit dusty made me inch but nothing a hoover carnt sort out entertainment was good staff were friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank falsesmoothie
There are newer reviews for Presthaven Holiday Park

Reviewed 14 October 2011

No we are not chavs and yes we loved it this is a holiday park aimed at children and our 3 yr old and 20 month old children loved it the staff were friendly and the entertainment was great yes it was repetitive but again it is for children and they love it if your a snobby upperclass toss pot that only cares about your own place on holiday then this isn't for you but if you love your kids and want them to have a great time this is the place to be went abroad last yr and our eldest was bored senseless but here he loved caravan great bar a little expensive but come on your on holiday planing 4 or 5 visits next year keep up the good work Mr p ball

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank mykidsmyworld
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We have just got back from presthaven on sun hol, no complaints, nice clean standard caravan (we have 2 dogs} good position nr complex and beacch. Very clean site, ate in mash and barrel quite a good meal, staff friendly and entertainment v good, would def go back

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank paulauk2k
Reviewed 11 October 2011

on arrival at our caravan we tried to make a cuppa the kettle was broke, floor was manky so we couldnt put the baby on the floor to play all outer window we're either covered with bird poo,some kind of sick or just dirt we tried to close curtains which were all broke, then after trying our best to get things worted tried to feed ur childtren to my frustration we had no tin opener,no sharp knife and the only big pan for us to cook with was bogging with old food.We didnt have correct bedding on arrival and also the shower room was full of black mould we did complain and staff did come after an hr or so to sort all our proplems out.the main function room smelt of sick and damp toilets were un clean and also the pool was old and dirty to be honest i've stayed in lots of haven sites and this has to be the worst the only good thing that ran a good service was the older man that ran the mini but to dr you round the park he was pleasant and provided service with a smile and went out of his way to be helpful., also there was loads of dogs on site that were not monitored and aloud to roam so there was lots of dog mess.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tegan k
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife got a good deal on this caravan park and we decided to have a week away later in the year after going to Egypt on our honeymoon in June.
I had previously read the reviews regarding this site and was extremely nervous about arriving after all the negative feedback which I had seen on this site.......however I thoroughly enjoyed my time there!!

We had upgraded to a Deluxe caravan and were told we could check in from 3pm on the Monday that we got there. Upon arrival at the park's gates, we were given clear directions on where we needed to drive to get to the entertainment complex where check in would be dealt with.

I joined a small queue of people in the entertainment hall and was walking away with my pack in hand within 10-15 minutes (Unsure where some people have quoted timescales of up to an hour from!!!)

The map we were given of the park's layout pin pointed our caravan out individually and showed in plain black marker where we needed to drive to ensuring we arrived outside our own caravan - no driving round the complex searching for van numbers etc!!

The caravan itself was exceptionally clean and cannot fault whoever cleaned our caravan as it was spotless. Bed lined had been provided and this was already made up for us. The caravans on the complex are all quite close to one another (it is a large complex) but to say you have no privacy is a bit incorrect - were some people expecting to walk round naked with the curtains open and not be spotted!!!

Had no problem at night with any loud parties or music blasting out like some reviewers on here - maybe we were just in the minority and were treated to the better part of the park - who knows??

We have been to caravan parks on 4 other occasions and we do take a lot of our own food down because we are aware of the prices that shops on the site can charge - this is mainly cause they are based on sire for your convenience and no that they will always get customers who are willing to pay slightly more for products rather than travelling to a shop offsite. Best way to avoid this is plan ahead and take as much stuff as you think you will need and avoid using these shops!!!

Twice went for meals in the pub on site (mash & barrel) and couldn`t fault it - price was standard pub price for the food and I personally thought the quantity was about right. One thing I was really surprised with was the price of alcohol as with spending most of the evening's on site, I was not looking forward to paying £3.50-£4 for a warm glass of beer but the prices were good compared to majority of normal pub prices. Please note that they are not Weatherspoons prices but I honestly thought that £2.70 for John Smiths, £3.00 for Carlsberg and Blackthorn was okay.

My wife even enjoyed a bottle of wine 1 night while I watched the live sport which was being shown in the pub (Bayern v Man City) and the bottle of house wine was only £7.95

Most of our days were spent away from the site visiting the beautiful surroundings that Wales has to offer, we went to Llandudno and also to Rhyl and the Welsh Mountain Zoo which were great.

The main entertainment block comprises of the Pub, 2 entertainment bars, the amusements and Burger King etc and I noticed that some people on here were moaning that they thought this meant they had to spend too much money in the amusements?? Surely they decide themselves how much to spend or how much to give their kids?? Maybe that is just too simple for some people!!!

Overall, I honestly cannot see what I was worried about when I look back over people's "moans & groans" on this site - my advice is for people who are thinking about going there is to go along and see for yourself and make your own mind up!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank igg100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prestatyn
3.5 km away
16.4 km away
The Kinmel
The Kinmel
#1 of 1 in Abergele

Been to Presthaven Holiday Park? Share your experiences!