All reviews michelin star course tasting menu restaurant with rooms scallops lamb main course dining room cooked to perfection front of house before dinner petit fours excellent food looking forward whole experience following morning soup garden suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

We only chose the standard room however for the price of the room I was surprised how small it was, and I regularly hit my head coming out of the bath (I’m 5ft8) the staff were timid but very sweet. The evening food was lovely but for £25 the breakfast was incredibly average and over priced. The hotel itself was very clean and tidy with fresh flowers everywhere which was lovely. Plenty of hand sanitiser and all the Covid rules were adhered too.

Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank lizzieSW
Reviewed 7 September 2020

Good quality products, with a lot of food also. Good portions.
Lovely and tasty food and good friendly service. Reasonably priced on set menu days for 2 or 3 courses. Worth the money. Set on nice grounds.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank nixy4324
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

We visited Tyddyn Llan on a one night DBB which cost £380. Yes, more expensive than your average stay but we booked as we’d heard tremendous things about the food.

When we arrived it was obvious why so many people like the place - beautiful setting and a lovely hotel. Staff were considerate and observed strict COVID procedures which was good to see. We went walking in the afternoon and then arrived back late afternoon to get ready for dinner.

Dinner was booked for 8pm and it did feel like we chose a busy time as it did take 20 mins for someone to take our order - ok it was busy so sometimes you accept it. We chose from the main 3 course dinner option and both had lobster, rib-eye steak and then dessert. Everything about the food was exceptional, especially the lobster - fantastic. Steak was well cooked and served with dauphinois potatoes to die for. Dessert again was superb - creme brûlée that was perfect. Amongst that was the wine, a great bottle of Amarone that really was the icing on the cake. So food wise, 10/10.

We then were offered coffee and had that outside as the dining room was getting very hot. Coffee came with some additional petit fours but we were too full to eat those.

The hotel room was nice but very warm even without heating on. Temp outside was not hot so the rooms must retain heat very easily. Thankfully they had provided two fans which were well needed.

Breakfast was very good - again very much in line with the previous evening in terms of quality.

I was not sure whether to give the overall experience 3 or 4 stars but when the bill came I was a little surprised. Despite paying £380 for one night, they charged £13 for two coffees. I also thought that the small glass of Prosecco for £11.50 was well over priced. Additionally, we discovered that the UHT milk for tea in our room was out of date and off. There was no point asking for more as we just went down for breakfast shortly after discovering this. Same for loo roll - they supplied one small loo roll and we had to go to the communal toilet for a replacement.

In short, we fully expected this to be expensive and you get what you pay for when it comes to food. Standard of food was exceptional as was the wine. I just felt the accommodation and several way over priced items took the edge off.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnmS9821XL
Reviewed 23 August 2020

I'd heard many good things about Tyddyn Llan and kept meaning to visit, but had never got around to it. As it re-opened after the COVID-19 lockdown I took the opportunity to visit and support their business. What a great idea that turned out to be!

The buliding is charming with beautiful gardens. We stayed the night and our room was tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. Check-in was quick and staff were wearing masks and/or visors and social distancing was maintained.

Dinner was an absolute treat starting with canapes including deep-fried laverbread. I would never have ordered this but it was delicious! We were served a pea and mint soup amuse-bouche which we both enjoyed. The bread on the table was wonderful. We opted for the 3-course a la carte and every dish was good. The mirabelle dessert is particularly lovely. My husband raved about his turbot main course. We treated ourselves to a bottle of white and a bottle of red - the wine-list is extensive and fairly priced.

We took the remainder of our red wine onto the terrace where we were served coffee and petit fours. A wonderful end to a beautiful meal.

Our bed was very comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep.

Breakfast the next morning was very tasty, although somewhat of a challenge after such a good feed the night before.

Service throughout was discreet, yet attentive. I very much hope to become a regular at this fabulous property. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Nonn W
Reviewed 22 August 2020

Had an excellent lunch here..the steak was especially good ..melt in the mouth and cooked to perfection. The food and service is always good here and in these trying circumstances they are doing well in keeping customers safe.

1  Thank Linda S