eDreams
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel dates back a long time and whilst I knew it may have some kind of old smell to it, at times it was so overpowering. The damp smell of the furniture in the living room area was really bad. I couldn't eat my breakfast the next morning as the smell knocked me sick although it did look very appetising. The staff were friendly and very accommodating but the smell put me off. Needs updating

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NiaBD
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Stopped in on a slow day and found the fire lit and well kept beers on tap. We were only stopping for a drink but the fire was stoked for us and given its age,it's a cosy ,quiet place for a pint. There are some nooks and crannies you can sit yourself in and pass a peaceful hour.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LargelyMonk
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This was an awful place. Sooo outdated, sooo smelly, sooo dirty!! I had to ask receptionist to bring vacuum cleaner. Room full of spider webs, bugs crawling on ceiling, carpet stained everywhere and full of bits. The whole place is disgusting and made me feel itchy all night. The only positive: nice friendly staff and acceptable breakfast. I cut stay short to 1 night instead of 2. I was on a walking weekend. The place urgently needs a revamp. One of the worst places I have stayed in....

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 August 2016

The hosting was very friendly, I slept like a log and the facilities we acceptable. I will however leave with the overpowering memory of the smell. And yes it was overpowering. On the lower floors it smelt of stale food, and rising up to the rafters; cobwebs and dust. Could do with a very good hover and spray of air freshener.
-Some investment needed on the cleaning front.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016

We were given a warm welcome when we arrived. John even offered to fetch our bags from the car park. The cleanliness was excellent! My husband always sneezes in dirty spaces, he was sneeze free here! We were given fresh towels every day. The bed was amazingly comfortable and big enough for 2 large people. The bath was a good size as well. We had a tea tray, extra blankets, a cumfy armchair and a table and chair near the two electric sockets so my husband could use his lap top on the reliable wifi.
We enjoyed the mushrooms and eggs at breakfast so much that we booked to stay an extra night.
Watching the tv on a Welsh channel with the friendly staff and pub guests speaking Welsh around me made this geocaching holiday special. The lamb chops and real vegetables for dinner were cooked to perfection by our lovely host, Ifor.
If you are looking for traditional Welsh accommodation with old style decoration and furnishings, and staff who care about their guests, then stay here!

Date of stay: August 2016