“Steak ' n ' Shake Visit”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #1,028 of 1,632 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Walnut Grove - Shelby Farms PD
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Restaurant is Clean and Neat . We were greeted and Seated Quickly . Food came relatively quickly , Hot and Fresh . Shoestring Fries are not my favorite But they were Good .

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Went to Steak ‘n Shake for what we hoped to be an enjoyable experience on our way home from Memphis. We went through the drive thru at 9:53 and didn’t leave until 10:25. We were the only one in line. The person over the intercom took our order but set down their headset and apparently walked out. We went to the front window where we sat for 15 mins waiting on someone to come talk to us. After they addressed us they asked us for our order again and told us that someone walked out. The staff were CONSTANTLY on their phones!! From that point it was another 15 mins before we actually got our order! We love the food here but the service left much to be desired.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Husband and I went to Steak'nShake for a quick bite after mowing the yard. There seemed to be two waitresses, but only saw one actually seating people, taking orders, delivering food and taking care of customers. There was a young lady there working in the back with the food with long green hair that was not tied back or contained in any way. Food was slow to arrive. Ordered Frisco Melt and sandwich was not even cut in half, there was hardly any Frisco sauce on it. Getting soda refills was difficult. Can't really blame the server because she seemed to be the only one working. Another table had problem with their order and the manager (I believe was the young lady with the long green hair) was a little snippy with them and I thought a bit rude. Previous visit with my daughter, we were seated, never given menus, never asked what we wanted to drink, nothing, so after 15 minutes we got up and left. My last two visits and the service and food was terrible. I will not be back EVER.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We went with a large family group. Very few of us got exactly what we ordered. My burger did not come as ordered. They brought my nephew a hot hog out twice. He never ordered a hot dog but the server insisted he did and the took it back put Chile on it and brought it back to him even though he ordered a single. She kept trying to get him to take the hot dog. Most did not get the season on the fries as ordered. My wife asked for veggies with here food and a side of mayo that stuff came out way after we got our food so her food was then cold and I just ate mine as I got it. I will not go here again. There are other steak and shakes in that area that I will try when I am in that area.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

I ordered a shake for dessert to enjoy in my hotel room down the street. There were only about 4 cars ahead of me but after ordering and moving up one spot, we didn't move for what seemed like 10 minutes. I was right at the spot where I could get out of line before being blocked in by the cement curb so I left.

Not sure what was going on but with all the waiting I just gave up. Earlier in the evening I saw a Freddys and was going to get a malt but they were under construction and not open yet. So when I saw Steak n Shake I though I'd give them a try. Guess a shake wasn't meant to be tonight.

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to Steak 'n Shake? Share your experiences!