“This is the real deal.”
Review of Mardi Gras Memphis

Mardi Gras Memphis
Ranked #60 of 1,567 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Reviewed 23 March 2018

Tell everyone you know right now....... this restaurant is better than most any tourist area place you can get a meal in New Orleans, and probably better than most of the great out of the way places outsiders will never have a chance to visit. No only is the food authentic, but the owner - Penny came around and offered samples of dishes we have not tried. And believe me, they were awesome too. My wife and I will keep coming back until we have tried most, if not all. of the dishes. We live over 60 miles away and all we could talk about on the ride home was how good each dish was.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I love cajun seafood, especially fried oysters. Since DeJaVu closed, I can't find good fried oysters in this town. I've eaten here twice and I will go back. However, I will avoid the fried shrimp and oysters, which is a shame because the potential for 5 stars is here...just don't overcook the fried shrimp and please perfect your fried oysters. Having said that, everything else I've tried is excellent. So stick with the gumbo and other cajun dishes and you'll be fat and happy!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Had a wonderful dinner here. We had been told by locals this was the place to go for seafood. My wife and I are pretty traditional when it comes to seafood but they have a nice menu to please everyone. My wife loved the fried shrimp. I couldn't pass up the fried oysters. They were perfect, breaded just right and not over fried so they were tender. Service was just as good. Pricing is what you would expect at a good seafood restaurant.

1  Thank SmokiesJunkie
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted try something new. We love New Orleans style food. This place was fantastic. Felt like we were in New Orleans. Service was fantastic and the food fabulous! Try the shrimp and grits you won’t regret it!

1  Thank jesshutchy
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered catfish etouffe and fried catfish/shrimp combo for entree, but started with corn chowder...which was very good and just a little heat. Both entrees were delicious with generous portions. Dirty rice is very tasty and should not be missed. Plenty of parking, but not in the best area. A little pricey...shared a cup of chowder, two entrees, one dessert to go, two iced teas. $50.