“It's very good!”

Mardi Gras Memphis
Ranked #60 of 1,627 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Reviewed 3 March 2018

I love cajun seafood, especially fried oysters. Since DeJaVu closed, I can't find good fried oysters in this town. I've eaten here twice and I will go back. However, I will avoid the fried shrimp and oysters, which is a shame because the potential for 5 stars is here...just don't overcook the fried shrimp and please perfect your fried oysters. Having said that, everything else I've tried is excellent. So stick with the gumbo and other cajun dishes and you'll be fat and happy!

Reviewed 1 March 2018

Had a wonderful dinner here. We had been told by locals this was the place to go for seafood. My wife and I are pretty traditional when it comes to seafood but they have a nice menu to please everyone. My wife loved the fried shrimp. I couldn't pass up the fried oysters. They were perfect, breaded just right and not over fried so they were tender. Service was just as good. Pricing is what you would expect at a good seafood restaurant.

1  Thank SmokiesJunkie
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I wanted try something new. We love New Orleans style food. This place was fantastic. Felt like we were in New Orleans. Service was fantastic and the food fabulous! Try the shrimp and grits you won’t regret it!

1  Thank jesshutchy
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered catfish etouffe and fried catfish/shrimp combo for entree, but started with corn chowder...which was very good and just a little heat. Both entrees were delicious with generous portions. Dirty rice is very tasty and should not be missed. Plenty of parking, but not in the best area. A little pricey...shared a cup of chowder, two entrees, one dessert to go, two iced teas. $50.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Let the good times roll! Little did we know we were walking into a grand celebration at the Mardi Gras as they were celebrating Fat Tuesday. Wow, what a wonderful place, with wonderful people and wonderfully delicious food! If I didn’t know better, I’d swear I was in New Orleans. Thanks for a grand time!