“Great New Orleans food in Memphis”
Review of Mardi Gras Memphis

Mardi Gras Memphis
Ranked #50 of 1,538 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We had the shrimp/ oyster combo and the shrimp platter. Having been to New Orleans, we were excited at the flavors and taste that were presented. Anya even offered a chowder taster at the beginning that hit the spot.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious; servers were knowledgeable and friendly, and the food was awesome! I would recommend the bread pudding for dessert.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I ate here while in town for a work trip. Made me feel like I was in New Orleans. Great food and atmosphere! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I had lunch here one day. I would recommend getting here before 1200 as the place fills up and it is hard to find a parking space.

I had the Mini Mardi Gras sampler which consisted of small soup cups of gumbo, crawfish corn chowder, and etouffee. This was $16 and really good, but not worth the price I paid. I also had the andouille sausage po-boy. This sandwich was good, but was mostly bread. The sandwich was $12 with a zucchini side dish.

The service was great, fast and friendly. The food was also good, but too pricey for what you get. I was traveling through the area, so if I lived here, this would be a one and done type of restaurant as I wouldn't want to pay $16 for lunch.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This looks like a dive restaurant in New Orleans, and tastes like it too! Seafood is the freshest I have found in Memphis. All of the flavors are spot-on. More Cajun than Creole, but that is what most think of for New Orleans. As someone who lived in New Orleans over 20 years, this is where I go for a food fix. I usually get blackened fish or shrimp on a plate or poor-boy. Dirty rice is magnificent. Don't waste calories getting fries unless you really love fries. Theirs are good, but a lot of places make good fries. The fishes with the sauces on top are great. Sauteed veggies redolent with butter and garlic. Always leave planning my next visit. When I lived in New Orleans, I knew where the few good BBQ places were. In Memphis, I know where the few good Louisiana restaurants are. This is the best.