1,086 results
All reviews port wine turn down service boutique hotel terrace bar paulette's restaurant four poster bed truffle complimentary glass of wine gourmet breakfast mud island view of the river mighty mississippi romantic getaway little touches the penthouse each evening small hotel
Reviewed 28 December 2015

This charming hotel near the river in Harbor Town is like staying at home. The food at Paulette's was amazing, and the room had the most comfortable bed on the planet. There aren't many rooms, so you will need to book ahead. The staff and service are excellent! Also, don't miss out on a cocktail at their Terrace, where you can enjoy a great view of the river!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2015

We had booked a Dream Bed Package with breakfast and facing the river and on checking in as I Prefer members we found we were upgraded to a Penthouse Suite (one of two on the top floor) which was very nice. The room was a good size and we were advised that all alcohol in the suite was complimentary, so we enjoyed the champagne. The bathroom had a separate shower and a smaller bath and whilst the lounge was a little dark if you kept the curtains open it was fine. The bed was a big four poster and we slept well. .
The staff was amazing and in particular Jalisa (who was wonderful in advising us about the laundry/dry cleaners down the road and for organising for this to be dropped off and picked up (and all for a very reasonable price per bag of laundry) much cheaper than any other hotel we have stayed at.

They have a lovely little bar area off the main reception area and lounge and at night there was a lovely lady who played piano and we could sit, stand and sing along with her. We had a wonderful breakfast each day at Paulettes restaurant, the service was excellent and the food was very very good. We wished we could have stayed longer to try out their dinner menu but time did not permit. Although the night we checked in we did have drinks and a light meal at the Tug Bar across the road.
The area is lovely that the hotel sits in and in the area they have some lovely little shops and a supermarket, alcohol type store, as there are lots of condos in the area.
Would really recommend the area as well as a nice place to stay but you would need a car

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Stayed here for one night on business because the TA reviews were so positive. It's in a quiet neighborhood that wasn't quite easily walkable from downtown, but has great access to walking paths along the river. The room was very gracious and I loved the free glass of champagne at check-in and port and chocolate with the turndown service. I had an issue with the TV but the front desk sent someone up almost immediately and fixed it. I think the limited number of rooms here is part of the charm, and helps with speedy service. Including breakfast was a nice touch, especially since the rate was higher than other hotels I looked at in Memphis. Wish I could have stayed longer and would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: There are two buildings- in at least one, you can ask for a room with a view of the river/sunset
Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I stayed at the River Inn of Harbor Town over the St. Jude Memphis Marathon weekend. Upon arrival, I was welcomed by the staff at the front desk and immediately offered a glass of wine. The general atmosphere of the lobby was extremely charming with its Christmas decorations, the roaring fire in the fireplace and the piano player playing Christmas songs. My room was very nice with excellent views of the Mississippi River.

Pros of my stay include: the complimentary parking, the proximity to downtown Memphis/start of the marathon and the general (safe/clean/upscale) vibe of Harbor Town. Everyone from housekeeping to the wait staff was friendly and helpful throughout my entire stay. The complimentary coffee served in the library each morning was very good.

Cons of my stay include: the $9.00 daily service charge and the paper thin walls where I could hear my next door neighbor snoring. I felt the complimentary continental breakfast served at Paulette’s was so-so at best.

Since the River Inn of Harbor Town is on the pricey side, I’m not sure it’s my go-to hotel in Memphis. That said, I would definitely return for the cocktails, the piano and the roaring fire. In my mind, there’s no better way to cap off a memorable evening/weekend!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2015

I recently stayed there for a business retreat and loved it. The staff was fantastic, the food at Paulette's was delicious as always, and the rooms are very comfortable. Katie with catering made our meeting flawless, especially when she acted on her feet when we weren't happy with the original conference room. The River Hall is a perfect meeting space with beautiful views. Kapi was our waiter for the entire 2 days we were there and was very nice and helpful. I definitely recommend the River Inn, Paulette's, and the River Hall for a business event.

Room Tip: river view rooms have view of Mississippi RIver
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business