“Absolutely awesome short ribs. ”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #44 of 1,581 Restaurants in Memphis
Cuisines: Caribbean, South American, Spanish, Central American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Hip and modern take on tapas and Tex Mex. The guacamole is awesome but the garlic potatoes side dish is unbelievable. And the Mexican corn is just super tasty. I really thought the short ribs and grits tapas was incredible. Highly recommend. It's in the revamped Overton square are which is cute to walk around too!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

This is one of (if not the best) burgers I have ever had. The combination of the sweet bun and the slightly spicy toppings make for a very unique and alluring taste. It was so good that everyone at my table ordered additional burgers for dessert.

I'm sure other reviews have mentioned this already, but the fresh guacamole that is prepared at the table is also untouchable. I am not a huge fan of guacamole but find myself enjoying this at Babalu's. I will definitely recommend future visitors of Memphis to make this one of their first stops for dining.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

This is one of the best restaurants in the Overton Square area. The black eyed pea hummus is the best thing on the menu. The table side guac is good, but not great. The best things they USED to have on the menu were the lamb sliders! YUMMO!

Still yummy. They have lots of great tacos and other small plates to share. BUT GET THE HUMMUS!!! I don't like black eyed peas, and I LOVE THIS HUMMUS!

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Went recently for a family birthday dinner. The staff was great help in describing the menu items and making suggestions. The food was well above standard Mexican food and delicious. The atmosphere was fun and festive. I look forward to going back many more times.

Reviewed 31 January 2016

This was mine and my wife's first visit to Babalu. Our server was Luckii and she was awesome! Very friendly, had great food/drink suggestions. When we go back we'll ask for her table again!

Been to Babalu Tapas & Tacos? Share your experiences!