“Downtown Dining Week”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Peabody
Transit: Peabody Place Trolley Stop
Description: While dining at The Majestic Grille you might expect to see Myrna Loy & William Powell sitting at the bar, zinging witty one-liners at each other over ice-cold martinis. Originally built in 1913 as the Majestic No. 1, a silent picture house that entertained Memphians for three decades, the restaurant gives diners a glimpse of the heady Hollywood days of ol'. From the beautifully restored Beaux Arts décor to expertly prepared classic cocktails to warm, gracious service to Chef/Owner Patrick Reilly's award wining, yet remarkably comfortable food, you find yourself feeling transported to another time. Add to that the largest private movie screen in the city showing silent films & classic movies and you're center stage in an atmosphere that reclaims the cinematic glory of the dawn of the silver screen. Named Best Restaurant, Best Brunch and Best Chef, The Majestic Grille has won accolades in regional and national press. As a community gathering spot for the Arts, The Majestic Grille offers up a dining experience that delights all the senses! Whether sipping a mimosa at our 'Ultimate' Sunday Brunch, hosting a business dinner in a private room, or watching the trolley roll by on our beautiful patio, we invite you to join us for a special dining experience in our historic downtown location. We look forward to seeing you soon, Deni & Patrick Reilly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good. Reservations required but we were worked in early. Steak and potatoes were good, nice portions. Salmon and veggies in the chili
Mustard sauce was good. Bread was just OK. Appetizers were salad or pate. Get the salad. However, drinks weren’t included with the Downtown special. Very nice ambiance and great service at an upscale restaurant.

1  Thank Dawna W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,055)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My 4 Children surprised me when the all came together for my 50th Birthday and this restaurant was the perfect place! This was my first visit and I was very pleased. First off it was very kid friendly because we had a total of 5 kids and 4 under the age 5. The staff was great! Not just our server but everyone I came into contact with was wonderful. Then the food was so good! I had the filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and I cant say enough about it! Perfection!

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Great, food ambience and service, we shared crab cakes, corn chowder, I had the seafood linguine and my husband had the steak, delicious the waitress was lovely.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

This was the best place to eat in Memphis! Nice atmosphere and great food! The staff was wonderful. So glad we decided to eat here. You need reservations or you won't get a table.

Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Great cocktails, cool location, but food was just okay. My tortellini tasted like it was dumped out of bag. Bread in basket was not warm. The blackberry mint julep was delicious though!

1  Thank ChucktownDJ

Been to Majestic Grille? Share your experiences!