“Very Traditional and Elegant ”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 1,632 Restaurants in Memphis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Complimentary valet parking is a nice touch. Decor is very old charm and elegant style. Excellent service. The filet medallions with lobster tails was excellent. Not the cheapest dish on the menu, but worth the money. The Sea Bass was nice but not my favorite. We shared the lobster Mac and cheese. More than enough for two. Mint lemonade was refreshing. Will definitely try one of the steak dishes next time. The creme Brule was awesome and enough to share. Waiter gave our ticket to valet for us, which was a nice touch since it was raining. Car was waiting for us when we walked out.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 2 January 2017

I was delighted at this first time dining experience! The food was first class, the service was attentive, and everything was unbelievably delicious!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

First, I personally would never go to a restaurant at these prices but since it was a mandatory business dinner who am I to say no? :) We started off with the Pan-Fried Calamari, the Sliced Dry Aged Sirloin and the Garlic Shrimp. The later two were ok but the calamari was cooked to perfection and the peppers added just the right amount of heat. Everyone got steak with the exception of myself and another member who got the Sea Bass and we were glad we did. I have never had a piece of fish cooked this well. It literally melted in your mouth. We also had a number of sides but the most memorable was the Soy Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Fortunately most of the party didn't like Brussels Sprouts so I got more than my fair share. After consuming all this food there was no room for dessert. All in all a pleasurable experience with excellent waiters but would rather enjoy multiple meals at other restaurants for what it costs to eat here for one meal.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

2nd year in a row we came here on our anniversary. First Class from entry, dining, to exit. The Sea Bass, my filet, wine, were just perfect. Everybody, from Manager, waiter, water, was excellent.

1  Thank kkursonis
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I did Thanksgiving early this year and drove back home Thanksgiving day. I stopped in Memphis and sat at the bar for a solo lunch that was pretty good. The bread was really good, which I had to force myself to stop eating. I ordered the Filet, Pittsburgh style and some creamed spinach with a side of their Courvoisier Cream. Steak was very good, not great. Spinach was okay, I have certainly had better. Skip the Courvoisier Cream. I had a couple of local beers that I wish I could remember the name of because they were really good. Service was fantastic.

Date of visit: November 2016

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!