“Best Filet Mignon”

Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,567 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Classic steakhouse setting. Solid wine list. Extensive menu offerings. Had crab cakes appetizer. Crispy on the outside and moist, flavorful & clumpy on the inside. Filet Mignon as main dish with shared sides of steak fries (huge cuts), mushrooms and grilled sparragus. All great. The meat was ordered medium and cooked to perfection. Impecable service. Great dining experiece. Highly recommended. Can chose from several private, curtained-off rooms or nooks for a more intimate setting.

Patricia G, Public Relations Manager at Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Dear 'CG',

Your review meant a great deal to us. IF everyone knew how much the employees loved their jobs...from the kitchen staff to the servers, server assistants, hostesses, and bartenders, people probably wouldn't believe it. The whole team strives nightly to make certain you and all guests enjoy their experience.

Many thanks for writing and we wish you 'All the Best' for your future.
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Whatever your special occasion in Memphis, consider celebrating it over incredible steaks and more at Folk's Folly. Feels like a private club, and the service measures up. Our entire party ordered steaks and were unanimous in our delight of quality and preparation. We had to force it after the uber-generous dinner portions, but the desserts were so worth it! May have to get creative with the next "special occasion" in order to go back sooner, not later!

Dear 'AP',

It is always a joy to come into work and find outstanding reviews. It sounds as if you and your party had a fabulous evening and WE are thrilled that you took the time to post your comments. Many thanks from the ENTIRE team and we certainly DO hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

If you look at my reviews, I get to eat out a lot and as a result, I tend to be a snob, albeit a very friendly, nice snob. But Folk's Folly -- interesting name -- was the best steakhouse I have been to in a long while. They were accommodating, friendly, sincere and sharp on their service. We had Dana (very good job!) and she kept my glass full and the food hot and delicious. I have never raved over the bread, but golly bum, the bread was worth stealing, soft, chewy and flavorful. Try the dry breadsticks -- nice touch. Salad was solid, and the steak, primavera, salmon, chicken were all on the money for our group (I had the primavera, grilled and fresh) but the steaks were HUGE and thick and flavorful, as I stole from my friends. The side dishes of mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and mushrooms were all given extra 'twists' and toppings. Really, really well done. For dessert, the NAILED the bread pudding. It was stratospheric. I mean, slam dunk. Hot and sweet. I saw sorbet with others and key lime, and they were happy. Great evening, and I don't usually rave, but I met the manager and thanked the man on the way out. They pay attention to detail and food quality and service and it is rare to get a perfect 10.

1  Thank DermDude1
Patricia G, Public Relations Manager at Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Dear 'DD1',

"WOW"...what a stunning review to read! Thank YOU for your energy, time, and effort and for typing the description of your evening. Dana, your server, is loved by all and the entire team really does try exceedingly hard every single night to ensure guests have the same wonderful dining experience you shared with the world!

New Chef Max places lots of creative energy into weekly specials and the entire kitchen 'puts everything they have' into every single night.

Thanks a million. All reviews are read by the entire management team. We certainly appreciate your extremely kind words and hope to see you again in the near future.

Patricia Gordon-Stevens

Reviewed 13 July 2016

This was our first time at this restaurant. It will be on our list for our yearly Memphis trip! The steaks were superb. The king crab legs were the absolute best I have ever eaten in my life! The service was very attentive to our needs. The dessert platter was fabulous. We did order a side of crème burlee which I sooo wish we hadn't. Was not to our liking at all! No sweetness at all. We believe the cook forgot the sugar! Other than that, everything was outstanding!

Patricia G, Public Relations Manager at Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear 'CM',

You are so very kind for taking the time to write a review. ALL reviews are extremely important to the entire team. We thank you for your kind words of praise! The creme brulee is my absolute personal favorite and I'm SO extremely sorry that we let you down! My goodness...if our kitchen left OUT the sugar...they are going to be in mighty BIG trouble. Seriously, we will have a chat with the kitchen team. I want YOU TO LOVE THE creme brulee just as much as I do upon your return!!! Please ring me at any time especially when you decide to return to dine with us. My direct line is 901 328 2248; I'd love to assist you in any way. All reviews are discussed by the entire management team and we appreciate you!

Warm Regards,
Patricia Gordon-Stevens

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

This year we choose Folk's Folly for our annual steak dinner, the food was great, but, not kid friendly, great for romantic night out, our server was very attentive and friendly and was fantastic

Dear 'TS',

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. Time and time again I say that ALL comments are extremely important to the team. We do not have a kids' menu, but, chef is always willing to whip up something that will make a child smile! It is true...we are more of an 'adult' romantic or business restaurant, but we have a tremendous amount of families dining with us every evening. All guests are special to us!

Many thanks again and we hope to see you soon.

P. Gordon-Stevens

Been to Folk's Folly Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!