“Just a dirty little dive bar, no food of their own.”
Review of Dan McGuinness' Irish Pub - CLOSED

Dan McGuinness' Irish Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 26 October 2015

This was the closest Irish pub to my hotel during a business trip to Memphis. After a chilly, wet day, I was looking forward to some shepherd's pie or something. The menu looked good online. I get there and was greatly disappointed. It stunk to high heaven and there was a haze of cigarette smoke. I saw maybe 5 people in there. I could smell no kitchen, and no one was eating. I asked if they served food, the bartender said they food from Mac Burger next door. I figured I'd just go next door then and walked out.

Reviewed 25 January 2015

My friends have gone to Dan McGuinness for a number of years - and had good food. Unfortunately, today was not one one of those days. I have enjoyed grilled pork chops for some time now, but not today. What arrived appeared to be one pork chop that had been sliced into 2 pork chop cutlets. For the most part, they were dry, overcooked and chewy. Another unfortunate discovery was that at 12:30 PM on Sunday, there was only ONE other group of customers in the restaurant. When we have gone before, we have had to wait to be seated. Something has changed, but this is not what we expected. Granted, our server did do a good job for our large crowd. My disappointment was with the pork chops. Not sure we'll be going back anytime soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

We frequent this pub because it is a comfortable friendly place for a family meal. It's great for little kids or adults. The food is traditional irish pub food, fish and chips are good, shepherds pie is good, actually pretty good veggies, though sometimes, like our last visit over the weekend, they tend to overcook and perhaps let stuff sit too long. It is a bar after all. If you are looking for a fine dining experience keep looking. If you are looking for a good meal and a fun laid back time with good service give it a try.

Reviewed 22 September 2014

I use to go to Dan McGuinness all the time. I was a regular. I moved too far away to go all the time, but when I'm out that way I try to stop in and grab some fish and chips. I stopped on Saturday night. There was hardly anyone in the place. Weird. I thought it was closed. It was open so we grabbed a booth. We ordered fish and chips. It was ok. The fish was no longer a fish filet it was more like a fish chunk, and the fries were not plentiful. The waitress was nice enough, but the food was average and not worth me going back to see if this was a fluke.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is a bar/lounge/pub with a separate dining room for non-smokers and those who want a little more quiet. We've had several items on the menu and have always liked the food.

1  Thank v8torq