“I won't be back”

Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Couldn't wait to try the fish n' chips. The restaurant was not crowded and the order came out quickly. The problem was the fish and the fries were both not hot.They must have cooked the fish and fries ahead of time and then put them under the warming lamp. I ordered a draft beer that was not cold. Very disappointed.

1  Thank jewell968

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've been eating at Dan McGuinness ever since the first location openned in Peabody place... in short, a very long time. For years, their Fish and Chips has been the standard by which I measure Fish and Chips; Large pieces of flaky cod battered perfectly. Today, not so much. The fish I had today was about 60% battered crust and about 40% fish. The bits of fish were small and completely overwhelmed by the battered crust. The taste is ok, but it is a far cry from the Fish and Chips I've loved for so long. I sincerely hope this is not the new standard, but just a fluke. I'll give them one more try, but if I don't see fish in my Fish and Chips, it will be the last time.

My other complaint is that although this location has a separate bar (smoking) and restaurant (non-smoking) the odor of smoke was far too strong on the non-smoking side. Truthfully, it was disgusting. I'm hoping this is just a technical problem, but if I walk in again and it still smells like smoke, I'll find another place to go. Seems like they could better block off the non-smoking side.

Please fix this..

1  Thank TwinDad
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Every night of the week they have a food special at a great price. The portions are large and usually my wife and I split a special, The atmosphere is good, the people are friendly and the service at the bar is good, They have a large selection of beer and spirits, Their happy hour changes as do drink specials so ask before you order.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

There is just nothing special about the food here. I think it is more a drinking place later at night. There are several Irish Pub's here with better food.

Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Instead of a overselling website, the owner should hire a restaurant consultant. 1. Smoking? Are you serious? The owner gives the majority of his floor space to smokers. A dwindling clientele. Doesn't the owner also realize the smoke can be smelled on the non-smoking side as well. 2. The non-smoking bar is pitifully small. 3. Lack of adequate air conditioning. 4. Virtually empty at "Happy Hour" on a Friday night. Red flag. 5. Current clientele...what a depressing bunch of Sad Sacks. Point made.