“Fabulous Fried Chicken!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: McKellar - Whitehaven-Levi PD
Reviewed 13 September 2016

The food here is amazing! You have to try the fried chicken, it is THE best I have ever tasted. I can see why Guy Fieri,(Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives) ate there. Uncle Lou and his staff are very welcoming! The crust on the chicken is very flavorful and light, its not a heavy oil filled fried chicken. It is a must have next time we are in Memphis. Delicious!

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Came here after seeing an espoide on tv a few months back. I must say this food was awesome. It was finger licking good.

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

One word describes the meals this place puts out. And that word is AMAZING. The wife and I stopped in on our way from Nashville to Houston, Texas, off our route but had to try Uncle Lou's. The place is located in a strip center in a so-so neighborhood. This place is nothing fancy or huge, and I like that. These types of places usually have the best food. Anyway, we went in and was greeted by friendly and helpful staff. The gentlemen at the counter helped us order what he though we would like after looking over the menu. I had the 3 piece white that comes with 2 breast and one wing, an amazing Honey biscuit, and a side of corrupt carrots. Wife had the tenders and corn nuggets. My chicken was covered in a thin sauce that I think is called sweet spicy love. Lol. Well this trip was 110% worth the drive. This is hands down the best fried chicken we have ever had. And that says a lot being from Houston. Also the corrupt carrots were to die for. Uncle Lou's seasoning makes pretty much anything taste good. Overall this place was a true pleasure to visit and experience. Salute to uncle Lou and his staff for their success and quality of food and services. Can't wait to visit again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I took the Vice President of my company for lunch here. I told him that this is the best fried chicken he would ever have in his life. Needless to say, he left a convinced customer. You can't go wrong with the home style, mild, or spicy fried chicken along with the honey butter biscuits. Delicious!

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

The chicken was excellent. The service was very warm and friendly. The guy at the counter recommended we get a mix of homestyle and the special and gave my husband a free wing to sample his recommendation (special). Both were very good but I like homestyle with the sauce better.

They offered us plates, utensils, paper towels as part of our take out. The owner and all the staff made us feel quite welcome. They know how to take care of their customers.

This was part of our diners, drive-ins and dives road trip :) and did not disappoint.

Been to UNCLE Lou's Fried Chicken? Share your experiences!