“Very Nice Sunday Brunch”

Owen Brennan's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 1,581 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ridgeway; Regailia Shopping Center
Description: Owen Brennan's is a family owned and operated restaurant dedicated to bringing the taste and tradition of New Orleans to Memphis. With an extensive menu and innovative nightly specials, Owen Brennan's is the perfect environment for a family get together, business lunch or just a relaxing evening on our newly renovated patio. We hope to see you soon. Laissez Les Bonnes Temps Roulez!
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Our family of four enjoyed Sunday Brunch for my Birthday Weekend. At first we were seated in a sun porch area at the first table, which was right next to the serving station and seemed very busy. When I asked to change tables we were moved quickly to a much better location.

Drinks came quickly and I loved my bloody mary. Perfectly spicy.

We started with oysters and peel and eat shrimp. Both were good but not excellent. The oysters were from Louisiana and not as salty as I would have liked, but the restaurant can't control that.

Next I tried the Eggs Benedict station which was disappointing. The hollandaise sauce was runny and did not have much flavor. The carving station though was fantastic.

The star of the show was the omelet station. Give that man a raise! He kept 6 omelets going at a time and provided entertainment. One of the best omelets I have ever had. Get it smothered.

Bacon was very good and biscuits and gravy were good.

Lots of other food I did not get to try but a good bit looked very tasty.

Note that drinks are not included in the $36/person price for brunch. You pay even for non-alcoholic drinks like ice tea. We were charged adult prices for our 11 year old that ate half a plate of food (huge sigh) and for our 15 year that ate as much as I did (totally fair).

We will back, without the 11 year old. Come hungry!

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Been coming here for years for Sunday Brunch. However, the whole experience has gotten tired. While the food is still quite good, the service has deteriorated significantly. For $36.00 each, one should received something more than disinterested, half-hearted service. And god help you if they lose your reservation. Their lack of concern is monumental.

Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

Not sure why I had never been to Brennan's but I will definitely be back. We went for lunch and had the best time! The menu is so large.....definitely hard to make a decision! We shared a dozen grilled oysters.....they were amazing. I had the red beans and rice and a side of gumbo. The red beans were amazing! The gumbo was also delicious.....it was a lighter colored gumbo but the taste was fantastic! I had enough red beans left over to have a second meal.

Service was great! They definitely take care of their customers.

If in Memphis, definitely give Brennan's a try!

Reviewed 30 December 2015

We stopped in because it had been a while since we were there. It was great.. The food was very good and a good value for the money. The quanity was also good. We will go back. The only negative was the service.. Very friendly but a little distracted and not on top of table needs. I had to wave down twice to get his attention. All in all very good.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

This is a $40 pp brunch that is worth every penny. So much food! What a variety, freshest ingredients, great live jazz, impeccable service and a beautiful New Orleans style restaurant. It is a good 25-30 min cab ride away from downtown in a very upscale neighborhood. Highly recommend.