“Unexpected “Game” spot!”

Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 13 November 2018 via mobile

After stopping for the duck experience at the Peabody, we found the Flying Saucer. We had seen it earlier in the day and the window caught our eye. It listed numerous games on the window including checkers. My boyfriend and I are a bit competitive and thought it would be fun to play some checkers so we decided to check out this place in spite nothing on their website which listed that as an option. Upon our arrival, it was early so plenty of seat options with long tables which were conducive to playing games. We asked our server Emely if it was really an option to play checkers. She was quick to say no, and that no one had ever asked her that before. So we mentioned we read it on the window. We decided to stay for a drink anyway. She took us by surprise and brought over a checker board that was hanging on the wall, along with a box of wooden checkers. We were pleasantly surprised when she arrived with it. We played two games while we waited for our lunch to arrive. We each got one of the “battling burger” options. My boyfriend got the duck hunt and I got the get lucky burger. A fun competitive way to eat lunch! Although our server initially came across as a bit cold she came through and brought the game in and great burgers and awesome fries to top off the experience. Overall a fun lunch outing in Memphis. The menu is a bit limited but there are tons of beer taps to choose from.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Great beer selection. Cool saucer history and burgers with 44 farms meat were out of this world. Will come back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Probably the best beer selection in Memphis that I've found. Fun place, pool table good pub food friendly service. I like it when all the windows are open you can sit eat drink and people watch

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

They do have the biggest selection of beers (including local) we've found in Memphis. But more than that, the food and service is worthy of making a visit. I always thought I'd never visit because I thought this was just another bar. Burger Week proved me WRONG! Ask for Serena. She's very personable and loves her job. This is a great place to have a fun experience dining before hitting Beale Street. And I'm a local! ❤️

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Spacious bar clean cool with plenty of seating and atmosphere. Lots of beer to chose from lots of variety in price too. A beer for all pockets.
Food is good. Price acceptable with excellent service. Bar staff attentive and happy to answer any questions. Kept returning to this bar due to its location between Beal and the Peabody. Recommended. Clean toilets are a bonus in New Orleans.

Date of visit: September 2018