“Staff will make your staff a 4 star stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Memphis Downtown

Residence Inn Memphis Downtown
Ranked #3 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
kalamazoo
“Staff will make your staff a 4 star stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed during the International Blues Challenge. Our room was larger than any other hotel suite downtown. Staff gave me milk at 3am when it wasn't in the snack bar. The breakfast items changed daily and was a nice money saver for the day, Monday-Wed dinner was very nice. Staff kept the food items renewed the entire time, including refreshments.
A friend arrived with lots of items to carry, staff carried to our room for her without being asked and tried to leave without being tipped.
Yes there were probably cosmetic items that could be updated, but ignore that for the service, the location, the close trolley, and of course the history of memphis. Dont miss the view on the roof, take some food and drink and enjoy the evening

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Than you for staying with us on your recent trip to Memphis for the International Blues Challenge! We strive to be the the friendlist hotel and appreciate you takng the time to post on our Trip Advisor page. We look forward to serving you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a family trip and was not disappointed.

Staff: I had little interaction with the staff but they were professional and friendly, especially the valets and the front desk person who works nights/mornings.

Valet service: It is definitely worth it as far as staying downtown. Anytime I needed my car I just called a few minutes ahead and by the time I got downstairs the car was usually ready and waiting, which is great having a newborn.

Breakfast: Seating is very limited but there was a good selection of food. Breakfast staff was also friendly.

Room: My room was bigger than expected and clean. I asked for a higher floor while booking and got a good spot on the eight floor with a nice view.

Exercise room: This is the first hotel I’ve stayed at that had actual free weights. I thought I was going to miss a workout day. They are adjustable dumbbells that go up to 85lbs each. I was able to make them work.

Location: Great spot. There are many places to eat within walking distance. Beal street, the river, and trolley are all a very short jaunt away. If downtown is your goal, then you can park your car and never have to use it if you stay at this hotel.

Hotel itself: It is showing some signs of its age if you’re looking closely. An example would be some of the carpet and the walls. There is a hot tub on the roof and some seating with a good view. The elevators are quick and if not in use stay open and ready on the first floor, which was convenient. I had no problems using the internet service although I don’t think there is wireless in the rooms. I believe the wireless is available in the lobby area and you have to use an ethernet cord in the room.

Overall, I highly recommend the hotel and plan on staying again the next time I visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We take great pride in our guest service at the Residence Inn by Marriott Memphis Downtown;I am pleased to hear your were well taken care of during your stay. Thank you for being loyal to Marriott and we hope to see you again.

Regards
Cedar Hill, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel was a nice little piece of quiet tooked away downtown. We paid 16 dollars a day for calet and the car was brought around anytime of the night we needed it. I noticed a lot of people talked about the danger of downtown Memphis in other reviews, hey you are near bars and will run upon the occasional drunk, but the hotel does a very good job keeping that away. We also came down looking for orangejuice in the middle of the night, which they did not have in their little vending section. The clerk told us to hold on and brought us back two glasses without a second thought. Good people at this hotel.

Room Tip: I checked in at 11 am, which is a early check in. They did not have a problem letting me do that, bu...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for staying wtih us and being our guest-so happy to you enjoyed all the fabulous restaurants just steps away from us. Your comments and feedback are very much appreciated.

Hope to see you again soon!
Thanks
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Great Hotel,Great Location,Great Staff,The room we had was wonderful,spotlessly clean,everything was comfortable,location a few blocks from Beale street,McEwans restaurant next door and Flight restaurant across the street, trams(streetcar)outside, The rooms are beautiful, the staff are great, breakfast included is really good,I would recommend this to anyone and I would stay there anytime I was lucky enough to visit Memphis again

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
I am so happy to hear that you and your family had a great stay and enjoyed our Breakfast. We are very proud of our staff and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay on TripAdvisor.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Regards
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

Recently stayed for three nights with two kids and highly recommend this hotel. Breakfast was good, rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. This was our first time to Memphis, and we really appreciated the location of the Residence Inn - although we probably would have walked more if the weather has been a bit nicer. Previous reviews praised the staff, and all compliments were well deserved. We will definitely stay here again should our travels bring us back to Memphis.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
downtowntravel38103, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Memphis Downtown, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
We are happy to hear you and your family had a wondeful stay and that our staff treated you well. We would love to have you come back in Summer and enjoy the beautiful Tom Lee Park that surrounds the Mississippi River.