“sleep is 2nd priority”

Ranked #37 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Carterville, Illinois
“sleep is 2nd priority”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I consider sleep the key reason for staying in a hotel. Unfortunately loud parties in the conferrence rooms that spill outside at night are more lucrative than sleeping guests. I called twice to complain and assurances were given but to only modest results.
The breakfast, pleasantness of staff, facility itself were above average but without cooperation and forsight of managment to book parties with loud music and boisterous revelers at the expense of overnight guests is a hotel not worth considering!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JW52178
ogm22, General Manager at Homewood Suites Memphis - Hacks Cross, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for your review. My sincere apology that we did not outrageously please you with great customer service but instead we were average. Please know that a restful stay is our 1st priority...satisfing our guest is #1. We are now under new management and I can assure you that your issues have been addressed. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the Memphis area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Hebrew first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was in this hotel about 2 years ago and it was a good stay. I needed to be in town on business and I chose it again and I was not disappointed. You won't be disappointed. Breakfast is excellent, so is the happy hour food.

Rumour has it the area is not super safe if you decide to walk around and go to the restaurants, but I didn't experience any problem.

I will definitely choose this hotel if I am back to Memphis.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cannuck1964
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. We hope to be your hotel of choice should your travels bring you back to the Memphis area.
Boston
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites a number of times on business and I'm always impressed with the friendly and responsive staff. The room are comfortable and there is a good breakfast selection. There is also a really great outdoor pool.

If youare coming as a tourist you really need a car as it's out of town.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We stayed here in April and were very happy with the service and quality. That seems to have changed.

We have had to ask for 2 days in a row to have the room cleaned up, clean towels, garbage emptied, toilet paper and soap and shampoo.

Very disappointed.

We also reserved 2 rooms each with 2 king beds. One was correct the other had 2 queen beds.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Cool,CA
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We booked this hotel because my husband was coming to Memphis for a moth of training. When we called the hotel direct, we spoke with Alyssa, and she was amazing and helpful she arranged a pickup from the airport at no cost for us. The hotel is super clean, the staff is very friendly, professional, and kind. The room was clean and in good shape, we had a one bedroom on the ground floor. We had but one complaint about housekeeping and it was addressed within 15 minutes with the head housekeeper. This hotel offers a full buffet breakfast 7 days a week, highlighted by Miss Betty, she brings sunshine to the room. Additional, Monday thru Thursday; there is a buffet dinner with on tap beer and wine included. We found the food to be good... Not great... But it was free and we enjoyed the company of the hotel employees. I highly recommend this hotel for a long stay. We have been very pleased and would stay again!

Room Tip: I wanted to be able to access the patio and bar b q area most nights I didnt want to have to come do...