All reviews hospitality management central ave medallion restaurant interesting museum spotty wifi front desk suite hotel omelette station the pink palace great breakfast buffet liberty bowl living room area nice hotel king suite would stay again room number location was perfect
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I stayed at the Holiday Inn-University of Memphis for about a week for a conference followed by a weekend vacation. I have no complaints! The staff was friendly and very professional—front desk, restaurant, food service, housekeeping, everyone. A lot of hotels have friendly staffs but these people stood out. The food was good and the room was clean. The place is apparently run by and for the University. I liked the location across the street from the University, only about 5 minutes from the Pink Palace Museum and with very easy access to several BBQ places, downtown, Autozone ball park, the Interstates, and more. Yes you have to use surface streets to get there since it's not at an Interstate exit, but the traffic was quite manageable. I'd stay here again without hesitation.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Nice hotel and area for visitors. Definitely needs more parking for guests but otherwise a great place to stay when you're in Memphis. Visited for a wedding and location was in a place that was close to wedding venue, shopping and good eats.

Room tip: Don't stay on first floor if you want a quiet stay....lots to do in lobby area.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

We absolutely love going to the Holiday Inn at U of M for their holiday brunch! My siblings have aged, so with take the family to brunch instead of going through the hassle of cooking and cleaning at home. We enjoy their brunch for Easter, Mother’s Day and Thanksgiving! Their food options are plenty and delicious! The servers; Travis, Rick, Allen, to name a few, are professional, prompt and personable. Excellent hospitality / customer service!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Debbie C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Univ of Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for the great review of our Holiday Brunch! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food and the staff. We hope to see you at the next brunch.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

stayed here from the 15th - 16th after driving from nashville to graceland, not completely basic but nice and clean which in my opinion is all you really need. staff where friendly and helpful and its so close to the university its crazy! would stay again defiantly if i ever return

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the location. We look forward to having you back real soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

While I was returning home from work, my car ran out of gas right in front of the hotel. It was storming outside and the sun had just gone down. Despite being incredibly busy with a teachers' convention the young man behind the desk (and also a lovely young woman) along with a campus/hotel officer did everything they could to assist me while I waiting for roadside assistance. They even helped organize outside help to have someone grab a gas can and get gas for me since I was going to be stuck there another two hours. As a former hospitality worker, I can tell you that the front desk is insanely hard and also very rewarding work. Thank you for your help, and I will be recommending your hotel in the future!

• Trip type: Travelled solo