“What was the name of this Chicken?”
Review of The Farmer - MOVED

The Farmer
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Farmer's interpretation of elevated comfort food is presented to you using the freshest local and regional ingredients from sustainable farms. Expect unexpected flavors from familiar dishes. The menu changes daily, weekly and seasonally, based on the availability of ingredients. At The Farmer, we believe in supporting the locals, and the environment. We are proud to be certified by Project Green Fork and we are friends and supporters of the Memphis Farmer's Market.
Memphis, Tennessee
“What was the name of this Chicken?”
Reviewed 6 December 2011

If you want to know the heritage of your produce, Mac Edwards is your guy. How was the cheese made, in house. Where do these rolls come from, let me get the gal who made them for you. The reason the server could explain the dish to you is that he's a chef too, or that server, sure she volunteers at the farmers market those greens come from.

On and on, this is as real as it gets folks.

A small place isn't always intimate, but at The Elegant Farmer, intimate starts with the warm smile of the owner, or the genuine greeting of his first lady Leslie. Everyone here is a veteran of far more pretentious places in town, and they now choose to work here, because it's not.

I can't stand a pretentious owner/chef/staff at any place, pretentious doesn't live here. Herb Roasted Chicken, Sloppy Joe, Caprese Salad, Salmon Burger, I vouch, I've eaten them.

Best of all, I ate in shorts, and they didn't hustle me out of the dinning room to the kids table about it either. I do choose to sit on the wonderful patio though, let those who need the cooling air have it, the patio is where its happening. A great glass of TEA, sunshine, and a garden paradise to knosh in.

Tips:
DON'T: ruin a great night, call ahead a couple of days and make the book work for you.
Do: get a side of Juicy Sliced LOCAL Tomatoes, and then let them tell you who grew them and where you can find them for home.
Do: Brush up on who's who in the green world of Memphis, they are all here at lunch and dinner.
DON'T: miss out on a fine wine pairing, knowledgable staff and great, reasonably priced, wines will but your dinner over the top.

I've been multiple times and I highly suggest, if you're in this part of Uof M country, that you choose the Farmer.

• Visited November 2011