1,212 results
All reviews peabody hotel great location beale street valet parking two blocks sun studios directly across the street within walking distance corner room valet staff civil rights museum autozone park other attractions per day an older hotel new orleans downtown
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel for a 2 night stop over while travelling home to Ontario. The staff was so great that we were laughing before we even got out of the car. The room was very nicely done with a great view. We utilized the front desk staff to assist us with planning our day so we could see as much of Memphis as possible. The advice was perfect.
We enjoyed the included breakfast both mornings. It was a very well organized buffet with an option to order custom items.
The hotel is located within walking distance to the Mississippi River, Beale St, the Peabody Hotel and numerous other attractions.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and will someday return.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby, restaurant and bar area was nice. The guest rooms were nice, but the bathrooms need to be updated with new tubs, with working drains. The tub was so nasty looking I had to wear shoes to shower.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Location ideal- immediately across the street from the Peabody (ducks, and a beautiful lobby to enjoy a cocktail), 3 or 4 blocks easy, safe walk to Beale street. Rooms newly renovated. Tasteful, clean, and bed comfy. Bathroom is the smallest bathroom of any hotel I have ever stayed in (and I stay in ALOT of hotels). 2 people could not fit in BR at the same time. Shower design didn't work. Non-moveable glass wall on half of the stall- you had to get IN the shower to turn it on (Arm not long enough to reach, so you get the immediate blast of hot/cold water, and when in the shower the wall isn't long enough so there is alot of water that goes on the floor. Staff polite, but not overly helpful. Valet parking $25 per day- go across the street to garage and park for under $10 per day. Snafu with room one night and we were comped the breakfast the next morning. It was OK, but I would not pay the $13.95. otherwise.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff is nice, and the l9cation is good. Other than those two things, there's no reason to stay here.

The hotel doesn't have a proper main entrance/drive where cars and Ubers can pull into to drop people off or unload luggage without getti g stuck the drive. People smoke right off of the alley-side entrance to the hotel where most people enter/exit the hotel.

The pool looks old and not well maintained. The concrete pool deck is broken up and cracked. My child was concerned it would collapse beneath us. The hotel provides pool towels by the pool, which is nice. The "view" is building and the hotel parking lot.

My room was also gross. Minimal towels and washcloths. The toilet had that stains in it and was missing a piece at the top. The bathtub/shower combo was clearly old and was in need of replacement. The sheets looked worn. There were a lot of dark-colored stay hairs around the room. The trash can looked like a relic from an older hotel design. It's just gross here and not cheap enough to look past the ick.

Nothing to see here, people. Move along!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Air Conditioner went out. Complained to front desk. Maintenance man (smelled of marijuana) was in room before I got back upstairs. I had all my clothes and jewelry on the table. Stated air conditioner was programmed wrong (heat was for air conditioner and air conditioner was for heat) next day still no air. So Inleft the air conditioner on heater.

Took a shower and headed over to Beale Street. Before I left I put the shhhhhhh sign on the door. Indicating I did not want anyone in my room. When I returned to my room the bed had been made and the room was cleaned. The cleaning person ignored the sign. I took a shower and went to bed

I got up the next morning and open my door there was an unraveled clothes hanger on the floor. I went down stair to get coffee and returned back to my room to take a shower. After I got out of shower and threw on some clothes I notice my gold jewelry missing.

I called downstairs for assistance but couldn’t get anyone to assist me. I called the Memphis police department. They came out to take a report.

I have spoke with the manager since who indicated the only two people in my room were the cleaning lady and maintenance man. I could never get an answer about the unraveled clothes hanger or why did the cleaning person enter my room when the sign on the door stated shhhhhh. That means stay out. Also, I called her back and she kept me on hold for twenty minutes. So sad.

I have photos of unraveled clothes hanger and temperature in room at 90 degrees. I also have my phone records of waiting on hold for twenty minutes.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo