“A Bit Disappointing”
Review of Restaurant Iris

Restaurant Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was our second visit to Iris. After finally getting a parking spot we walked to the restaurant for what we expected to be a really great meal. We had Farmers Squash, Teres Major, Surf and Turf, Bread Pudding, and drinks. The Farmers Squash was the highlight of the meal. I think I should know better than to order a mix of meats (the Surf and Turf). And the Bread Pudding was dry and lacked a lot of taste. Our service was ok... but our meal was just average. Perhaps it is the old adage... Expectation Often Brings Frustration.

2  Thank IverJohnson

Reviewed 20 October 2017

I was in Memphis on business and decided to go off of a recommendation a friend had. This place was AMAZING!!!!! I am quite a foodie and it takes alot to wow me..but my server Candace was knowledgeable and sweet. I started out with the Lobster knuckle sandwich (but she made it a salad for me)...then I had the duck..OMG the duck was the best I ever had. The only thing I was mad about was that I was too full for the bread pudding dessert LOL...not a cheap place by any means..but worth it! I spent $72 (cocktail, app, entree).. Definitely a must!!

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation and LOVED it. Great food, great service. Lovely start to an anniversary celebration with my guy. The biscuits were the best I have ever had.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I made a reservation and advised of celebrating our anniversary. Our table was made special, even to a personalized message inside the menu. The chef visited our table and spent some time to get our opinions of his food. The ambiance was worth the event. The food was wonderful in its presentation and flavors.

The success in the visit was my wife was thrilled, impressed, and totally surprised and pleased. I'll take her there again, just because.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We went with 4 other couples for a friend's birthday celebration. The attention to details, the waitress, and all the staff were second to none, and they truly made us feel like we were the center of attention. However, the food didn't stand up to the hype, price, or reputation. It wasn't just my food, my husband's food, but rather the entire table (and we had 7 different dishes between us) The scallops were over cooked and rubbery, the quail was under cooked, the bass lacked flavor, the surf and turf was fussy and didn't let the cut of meat speak for itself. I expected so much more for a $200 meal. It wasn't awful, but it certainly wasn't a memorable experience. There are so many great restaurants in Memphis I'd rather spend my money at

2  Thank LMS0305

Been to Restaurant Iris? Share your experiences!