“Great Place to Take the Lady You Love”
Review of Restaurant Iris

Restaurant Iris
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Iris is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,558 Restaurants in Memphis
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Cooper
Description: Born and raised in Southern Louisiana, Chef Kelly English fell in love with the culture and food of New Orleans. Equipped with his training from award-winning Chef John Besh, English presents a unique dining experience. Restaurant Iris specializes in French-Creole cuisine featuring local and seasonal ingredients. English infuses his endless creativity and passion for food into each dish. Whether indulging in his Oysters three ways, a "Knuckle Sandwich", or a dessert made just for you, one is sure to reap the benefits of English"s rich culinary background. We invite you to experience Restaurant Iris, simplicity at its most elegant. Please note: Due to the limited capacity of our dining room, we offer limited online reservation availability. For more information regarding availability, please contact the restaurant directly.
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I made a reservation and advised of celebrating our anniversary. Our table was made special, even to a personalized message inside the menu. The chef visited our table and spent some time to get our opinions of his food. The ambiance was worth the event. The food was wonderful in its presentation and flavors.

The success in the visit was my wife was thrilled, impressed, and totally surprised and pleased. I'll take her there again, just because.

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We went with 4 other couples for a friend's birthday celebration. The attention to details, the waitress, and all the staff were second to none, and they truly made us feel like we were the center of attention. However, the food didn't stand up to the hype, price, or reputation. It wasn't just my food, my husband's food, but rather the entire table (and we had 7 different dishes between us) The scallops were over cooked and rubbery, the quail was under cooked, the bass lacked flavor, the surf and turf was fussy and didn't let the cut of meat speak for itself. I expected so much more for a $200 meal. It wasn't awful, but it certainly wasn't a memorable experience. There are so many great restaurants in Memphis I'd rather spend my money at

2  Thank LMS0305
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This is an elegant, yet cozy restaurant, with great service and wonderful food. There are three or four tables to each room, on the first floor of a converted house. Have come here just about every time we're in Memphis (my wife insists). Really, you can't go wrong, if you don't mind paying the price.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was supposed to be my big surprise for my wife. A fabulous once in a blue moon dinner for two.

It was a big surprise for the both of us.

It wasn't the worst dining experience we've ever had, but when you spend over $200 for a meal with no alcohol in Memphis, you would expect it to be memorable.

But the only thing that was memorable about the experience was the memory of how I could have put the $200 to better use.

The memory is that this was the least memorable night out I can imagine in my adult life.

The food was just ok. The service ok. The room a little crowded just by the way it was arranged.

We can't even remember what we ate that night. It has just turned out to be a reminder to look past the hype.

And I don't say this all lightly. The bad reviews are the hard ones to write. As they say, "If you can't say anything good...."

For those who enjoy, please continue. For those looking for an experience, make sure you figure out if it's the experience you want.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I was very excited to go there, but I was very disappointed. The food was ok, and the server was uppity and condescending. There were very few people there, but it felt very crowded and uncomfortable. I always ask myself when rating a restaurant if I would go again if given the opportunity. This is easily a no.