“Just okay”

The Grecian Gourmet Taverna
Ranked #656 of 1,566 Restaurants in Memphis
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I went here looking for excellent, authentic Greek food. By my standards, they fell quite short. I had the large Greek salad with Gyro meat on it and a side of tatziki...which I like to put on my salad. I got a nice bowl of lettuce with some gyro meat on top. No grill marks on the meat, so that great grilled flavor was missing. There were no tomatoes, no beets, and such a small sprinkle of feta that I could hardly taste it. No pita bread to go with the salad. The tatziki was watery like salad dressing and had no visible cucumber in it. By Memphis standards, not a bad salad. Compared to the authentic Greek food you would find in Detroit, it was mediocre at best. Depends on your expectations.

Been to The Grecian Gourmet Taverna? Share your experiences!