3,821 results
All reviews duck red carpet lobby bar grand old hotel capriccio grill club floor beale street beautiful hotel southern charm luxury hotel beautiful lobby self parking bucket list rooms are small hotel guests two blocks civil rights museum
Reviewed 13 December 2017

The hotel is lovely and the location excellent. We spent one night prior to our river cruise on the American Empress. Our room had only one towel & one washcloth . I called several times for additional towels since it was my husband and myself. Unfortunately, we had to make due because housekeeping had gone home for the night. We had a late check-in (approximately 5:30 PM ) and I did not discover the towel issue until we returned to our room after dinner about 8 PM. Truly surprised with their house keeping service.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gloria586
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Gloria586,
I am very sorry about your experience during your stay with us. We try to provide excellent service to every guest, and we should have done everything possible to get you the items you requested. We will be addressing this issue with our Housekeeping department. I hope you will come back again so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

Great location and beautiful historic hotel. I’m glad we stayed here and would definitely recommend this to fellow travelers. As other reviewers have noted, the bathroom is small but in my mind, it’s proportional to the time I spend there. Give me a grand lobby / bar area to enjoy anytime!

We will be back - beautiful and a great experience

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We came to the Peabody for a friend's wedding and decided to stay there in the room block reserved for the wedding, for one night. The check-in went smoothly and our room was clean and ready by 4:00, which is check-in time. The valets, bellmen and front desk staff were all very professional, friendly and quite capable. The lobby is beautiful and there is much to see. There was a giant gingerbread house in the lobby for Christmas. The room itself was fine, the decor was nice and the beds, bedding and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was another story. There was a toilet, a tub/shower combo and a sink. There was absolutely no counter space. Zero, zilch, nada. Not even room to set down a toothbrush! I had to hold makeup, hair products, everything in my hand while I was getting ready. There was a small magnifying mirror but it would not stay in place so was basically useless. The wedding reception was in one of the rooms on the Mezzanine and was absolutely perfect. We slept well, but I had to use a sound app on my phone as we could hear all outside noise. I have stayed in many very nice hotels that had coffee makers and mini-fridges in the room but this had neither and I do not like having to go to the lobby first thing in the morning for my coffee. They do offer free coffee in the deli from 6-9 a.m. so that was helpful. But again, I had to dress and go to the lobby. At a price tag of over $250 including taxes, fees and valet parking, for one night, I will have to say that I prefer comfort and convenience over aesthetics.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LPM60
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Dear LPM60,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at The Peabody. I am glad you had a nice time and enjoyed the wedding you attended in one our ballrooms. I apologize that there was little sink room in your bathroom. The Peabody is a historic hotel built in 1925, so many of our bathrooms are a bit smaller than those in modern hotels. I hope you understand.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Loved this hotel. Great location. Good food! Benjamin who was our concierge was so helpful. Can’t wait to bring my granddaughter to see the ducks. My only complaint would be the front desk staff who didn’t seem to know what they were doing and were not very helpful or welcoming. Luckily Benjamin and the rest of the staff made up for it. Everyone should treat themselves to a visit!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank peggyk509
Scott_Boucher1, Manager at The Peabody Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear peggyk509,
I am glad you had a nice stay at The Peabody. Thank you for the compliments on the concierge Benjamin. I will let him know you appreciated his help. However, I do apologize for your experience with the front desk associates. We will be sure to address the issue. Thanks for staying at The Peabody and we hope you’ll be back soon.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

A lovely grand hotel, spoiled by an amateurish Reception where the clerk fumbled and discussed our booking with colleagues for more than five minutes. Second black mark involved the Concierge desk where we asked where we might catch the famous Memphis trolley. She gave directions to Main Street where we waited at a Stop but nothing came. Ten minutes later a city employe approached and said the trolleys had been out of circulation for some time for maintenance. Everything was put right by Jimmy, the Duckmaster, who gave us a splendid tour of the building. But the duck show itself was disappointing, with so many hundreds of onlookers bussed in we couldn't see a thing. Note to visitors: get there at least 30 minutes early to secure a spot. Our room was good size but in need of TLC and it was strange to have a clothes closet in the bathroom (and even stranger to note in the hotel's description of items we'd find available a mention of toilet paper!)

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank livia073

Dear livia073,
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. I am sorry for your experience with the Receptionist and Concierge. We will be sure to address the issue with the department. I am glad, though, that Duckmaster Jimmy turned things around for you and gave you a great tour of The Peabody. We hope you will come back again.