Open today: 09:00 - 17:00

from US$80.00
from US$30.00
from US$32.78
7,695 results
All reviews martin luther king james earl ray rosa parks boarding house mlk was shot mlk jr across the street fatal shot conspiracy theories freedom riders african americans jim crow assassination of dr civil rights museum american history slave trade eye opening
Reviewed 19 September 2018

Strange to review such place as an "attraction". It is definately a place that everybody should visit. We spent over 3 hours there learning about the civil rights movement, from the beginning of slavery to the current day. I've had tears in my eyes quite few times. I have learnt so many new facts, it should certainly be part of any curriculum.

1  Thank Dot_and_Andy
Reviewed 18 September 2018

As most people know, the Lorraine Motel was the place where James Earl Ray assassinated Dr. Martin Luther King on April 4, 1968, while he was standing on the balcony of the hotel. It was very moving to be standing in the place where that dark bit of history took place. The building is now the National Civil Rights Museum. On the day we visited, we were part of a City tour, and could only spend a short time there. But it was enough to get a sense of what happened all those years ago.
Because this website has a limit on recording a date for this trip, we actually visited in September of 2017

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

I absolutely love museums. It is one of the first things I look for when visiting a new place. When I saw this museums was here, it was the first thing I did after checking in. The museum was amazing. It took about 2-3 hours to walk through. I throughly enjoyed it. I didn’t have enough time to visit the other side, but I will definitely go back soon. It was so educational.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

One of the highlights of Memphis, what an amazing job this museum does to let us see how peopel treated people and how brave the civil rights guys of thoe days really were to stand up to and beat the system

Reviewed 18 September 2018

This museum should be a definite part of your visit. The museum is well laid out and charts civil rights from slave trade onwards with a focus on Martin Luther King. I spent a couple of hours here and found it very thought provoking. A truly awesome experience.

Date of experience: May 2018