“Outstanding Value For Money : 24/09/11”

Old Library Lodge And Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Arisaig
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I would highly recommend the Old Library Lodge to any and everyone looking for accommodation and good food .. I promise you won't be disappointed ..

Robert couldn't do enough from the moment I arrived until I left ..

Thank you so much .

Carol

There are newer reviews for Old Library Lodge And Restaurant

Reviewed 24 September 2011

I had a fantastic two nights. Beautiful, peaceful village. The Lodge is right on the sea front in Arisaig next to the shop, post office and a stone's throw from the local pub and pier for the island cruises. I was looking for silence. I certainly found it here.

Robert was extremely helpful and friendly...patiently meeting me in the street to carry my bag in when I called from about 30 seconds away...unsure of where I was.
I was the only person staying on the first night - end of the season. Nevertheless I was made to feel extremely welcome: I had dinner in the dining room and it was all set up with tea lights and i received really attentive service. Delicious food.

On my first morning, Robert helpfully rang to find out whether the island cruises would be going out and booked my place. He also lent me a map of the local area on my first afternoon so I could go out for a walk around the beautiful bay. He advised me too on the local bus routes. One of the staff let me know about the bag lock up in Mallaig too so I didn't have to lug a heavy bag around there after my departure from Arisaig while waiting for the steam train.

Wifi in the room, a good size TV and a bath in the ensuite bathroom all made for a really enjoyable stay. Tasty breakfast with good choice of local food on the menu. I was surprised to find such a gourmet place in a tiny village!

Thank you to all at the Old Library for such a great stay. I hope to return someday.

1  Thank SophieJasmine
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great place ahead of the trip to Skye, the food is fantastic with fresh sea food served daily. The wine list is limited but well priced.

Room Tip: The Chalets are great, especially if you have a four-legged friend with you.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I recently stayed at the Old Library Lodge and also ate at the restaurant. I thought both were extremely good. You are limited for choice in Arisaig but the quality of the food and accommodation provided here was excellent value for money. The room was extremely comfortable with all needed amenities. The restaurant served a great meal, better than many supposedly higher grade restaurants Ive eaten at in London. Robert the owner was a great host and knows how to tell a good story.
This area is an absolute hidden gem! I will be returning here on my next visit to Scotland.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Just spent five nights in this truly wonderful lodge, Robert, Katy and Ashley( and the other two members whose names I didn't catch!!!) were attentive and made me feel so welcome, it was like a home from home. I even could see the bay and the bobbing boats from my patio, the room was spacious, comfortable and all the amenities including a snazzy wall-mounted flatscreen TV..........and the towels were the whitest and softest I've ever felt, better then any five-star hotel!

Where do I begin with the food, locally-sourced, seafood was understandably sumptous, everything was cooked to perfection by the host and chef Robert. Starters, mains and desserts were all mouth-watering dishes, the sticky toffee pudding is a must!.

Bang in the middle of Arisaig, couldn't have asked for a better location with which to explore the area, which is absolutely breathtaking.

Robert couldn't do enough for me and the other guests, even going so far as booking me on a trip to Eigg - another must-see!

All in all, definitely will make another book-ing at the old library!!, see you soon(and thanks for a memorable time!) Robert and crew...

1  Thank Sean P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arisaig
0.0 km away
19.2 km away
Loch Shiel Hotel
Loch Shiel Hotel
#2 of 2 in Acharacle

Been to Old Library Lodge And Restaurant? Share your experiences!