“Below average”

Henrys Bay House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Stranraer
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the West Coast town of Stranraer overlooking the picturesque Loch Ryan where you can watch the ferries going to and from Northern Ireland and Cairnryan Port. Henrys Bay House Restaurant boasts the finest sun terrace for alfresco dining and views to be inspired by. The menu features locally sourced fish and meat prepared and cooked freshly to order by local chef/restauranteur John Henry. The comfortable and stylish restaurant and bar are managed by his wife Jane and her team of attentive, welcoming staff.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited after g recommendations on TripAdvisor. Very disappointed. Food was below average and price was expensive for what you got. Desert took for ever which eventually turned up as I was paying the bill. Guess we where unlucky. Won't be returning.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A lovely restaurant attractively furnished with views of Loch Ryan from the front. I have been here twice on visits to my home town. The first time 2 yrs ago, with a large group of old school friends. We hadn’t met together for 16 years so had a lot to catch up with. We all enjoyed our meals and then spent the afternoon in the bar area chatting. Although we didn’t drink mutch or spend money here, the staff were happy to let us stay chatting all afternoon. I went there again on my recent visit in May, this time in the evening with a smaller group of friends. Again the menu and meal was very good as was the service. An enjoyable evening with lovely views.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I had a lovely meal here last week .I had the sea bream in lemon sauce which was delicious .Service was good and a very enjoyable meal .

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

my partner and I ate here on Saturday and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals, our main meals of beef and pork were delicious, my partner said that the beef was melt in the mouth and i found the pork to be tasty and the black pud was lovely, (I had black pud in 2 of my courses as I had some in the starter with mackeral too) the vegetables were nicely cooked and the homemade chips were great ,the staff were cheerful and pleasant and the dining room was spacious and the view of loch ryan was awesome,i would thoroughly recommend a visit ,very good value.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent menu - especially strong for seafood. Helpful and cheerful staff; lovely sea views. Well worth finding if you are staying in the area.