All reviewskedgereeeggs benedicthaggis bon bonsspecials boardmusselsan evening mealbooked a tablelovely gardensteak pieboth nightslovely lunchsunday lunchmarmaladevery pleasant stayan overnight staycomfortable roomst cuthbert's way
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We managed to book a table for 2 in the bar where we were able to take our German Shepherd dog on Easter Sunday and what a good job we did. The service was very good and with a smile and the food was really good. We both had a starter (curried Parsnip Soup for me and Calamari for my partner) and then followed by the roast Lamb which was really good - usually Monty or dog gets some but it was that good he got nothing!

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 4 April 2018

What a great place. My wife and I ate here last night,
And what an excellent meal it was,
I'm partial to spare ribs so was very pleased to find them on the menu.
They turned out to be the best ribs ever.
My wife had the stake and ale pie which was again superb.
The girls that were working last night could not have been nicer,
Very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.
Five stars from us.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I last stayed here in 1988, it has changed a lot and yet hardly changed at all.
The hotel has certainly upgraded it`s food services in that time, not that it was bad back then, but it is now excellent in the Blue Coo Bistrot, and the breakfasts are varied and interesting. I have been nowhere with as interesting a breakfast menu, eggs benedict to kedgeree -- proper.
The furnishings are still a little faded and in the bedroom it waas easy to see their age. The whole place was spotlessly clean, which must be a more diffficult task than the more modern rooms in newer hotels, but which outshone most of those I have been in
The accomodation was totally adequate, the bed comfortable enough, the bath/shower fine, but it all had the added bonus of wildly out of kilter floorboards that gave hills and dales to traversing the room !
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Stayed here for one night - room was small but functional, very comfy bed and bedding. Enjoyed our main meals in the restaurant but so disappointed with the desserts from the main menu. I had to send my cheesecake back as the base was so hard, I couldn't break into it and the cheese part was like mousse. Also my husband's marmalade and treacle sponge had been in a microwave so had a rubbery texture. Dessert is a wonderful treat and a lovely end to a meal, so please do better! Having said that, lots of options at breakfast - one of the best I have ever seen, so guests will be spoilt for choice. We just had scrambled eggs and bacon - both of which were delicious.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife & I had eaten here many times in the past (20+ years ago) but had not been back since our return to the Borders.

We popped in for lunch, to find the place has been refurbished and now has a very pleasant, up-to-date and airy ambience.

For starters, we selected the Haggis Bon-Bons and Breaded Halloumi, both of which were very tasty.

For mains, my wife chose the Scotty Burger, while I went for one the the "Specials", Scallops, Seatrout & Smoked Haddock Tagliatelle. Both were superb !

My wife had a glass of Merlot (very pleasant) and I enjoyed a pint of the wonderful local ale "Foxy Blonde".

The service was very friendly and efficient.

We will certainly be back soon !

1  Thank Des E