Glengarry House
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewshomemade flapjacksperfect hostscup of teaon arrivalan evening mealwest highland waycakeself cateringpacked lunchflap jacksdrying roombusy roaddays walkingafter a long daylovely couplefor salenext morning
Reviewed 21 October 2017

My husband and I stayed here Sept. 29, 2017 after a wet slog on the West Highland Way. Ellen took us in and immediately made us feel at home and after removing our muddy boots showed us to a glorious room and I'm only sad that I didn't take a photo of it before we made it clearly untidy. The bed was an American king about the size of Texas and gloriously comfortable. We slept like logs! But that isn't even the best part - that was DINNER! Ellen said that she's just a fairly good 'average' cook - NOT TRUE. The meal was wonderful and the her sticky toffee pudding was the best I've ever tasted and let me tell you, I've had dozens and dozens of sticky toffee puddings over the years, perhaps even hundreds. THIS WAS THE BEST. Both Ellen and Andy have our undying gratitude for not only the great room, the persnickity clean and wonderful walk-in shower, but the offer to do all our laundry for only 5.00!! Such a blessing when doing a long-distance walk. Don't miss this place and don't miss having dinner here at your own table and with a menu of choices no less!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Ellen and Andy know how the make you feel at home when they welcome you into their B and B - coffee on arrival, lovely rooms, thoughtful pro- environment choices and lovely chat. Breakfast excellent, with good choices and early if needed ( a necessity for folk dong the 20 mile day 5 of West Highland Way as we were)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I travelled to Scotland to Walk the West Highland Way. We arrived at Glengarry House wet through but, Andy soon had our wet gear despatched to his excellent drying room and our clothes taken to be laundry (washed and dried) for the modest price of £5 per load - what a god send !

Our welcome included tea and cake in the conservatory and our room was very comfortable. We had the use of a modern, well-equipped private bathroom a couple feet from our door which was perfectly acceptable to us (some travellers may prefer an ensuite).

Breakfast was outstanding and very well presented with home-made preserves.

We had a really, really enjoyable stay with Andy and Ellen and would highly recommend them to you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

After hiking for 12 miles on part of the West Highland Way, Andy gave us a warm welcome and led us to a very comfortable room. The breakfast to fuel us for the next part of our hike was delicious, nutritious and made from local products including Ellen's bakery and preserves. We highly recommend Glengarry House, a great B & B.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This is a very good B&B which is at the south end of Tyndrum, 10 minutes walk from the West Highland Way. My room had a separate (private) bathroom down the hall which didn't bother me but might not be ideal for some. Breakfast was really good and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. It is a bit of a walk down a busy (unlit for some of the way) road into Tyndrum for evening dining options, which isn't ideal location-wise. Otherwise a very good stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo