Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$2
Expedia.comUS$93
TravelocityUS$93
Orbitz.comUS$93
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2020

Hi all,

I will start by apologising it has taken so long to write a review. We took the limo up to tyndrum some while ago.

What a great place to stay. The authentic hotel manager "Ishmal" showed us to our room & pointed us over to the tyndrum inn. (Tyndrum inn tip is to check left hand unrinal).

Corridors make for moving furniture around hotel easy - 10/10

To summarise - id rather stay in the MGM grand than see a dinosaur.

Room tip: Speak to Ishmal
Date of stay: January 2020
Mihaela Penciu, General Manager at Muthu Ben Doran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2021

Dear Kdenslimo,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments .

We value all our costumers feedback as this will help us to improve our service and standards . I will pass on all your lovely comments and we will continue to do our best to ensure we can provide a lovely stay for all our guest. Thank you again and we hope we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2019 via mobile

This hotel is rather dated and rooms are average. The restaurant menus was not extensive in October which is a rather off season time. On plus side the restaurant is large and 4 star. There is a separate lounge area which is very Victorian nice gardens and free parking. Staff were friendly. Breakfast is good. Rooms are heated and there is an elevator if you do not wish to use the stairs.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Doug,

Thank you for your feedback.

All our customers are important to us and we value all comments as this will help us improve .

I will pass on your feedback and use all your comments to ensure we develop as a company so that we can provide the best service we can.

Reviewed 14 October 2019

We stayed for two nights when we arrived our room was ready. We enquired if we could get something to eat and drink but was told bar would not open until 1730 and it was only 1230. The room was clean and big but the beds were very hard with very thin duvet. We spent the day and evening in local bar. When we got back to the hotel we went into the bar but there was no cider or ginger ale available. The staff spoke poor English. In the morning I was in my bath which had a glass shower screen but it did not reach the bath so when my husband took a shower earlier all the water ended up on the floor. The bathroom needed up dated. when I was in my bath I heard someone come into the room and it was two staff to make up the bed although my husband was lying on it. The bathroom never got done due to me being in it so wet towels were left.

In the morning breakfast was between 7 am and 9 am. At precisely 9 am the hot buffet was removed and two elderly guests who arrived five minutes late were not offered a hot breakfast. Whilst finishing our breakfast a waitress stood at the table beside us swatting the table and chairs for crumbs which all came our way. the staff then proceeded to sit and have their breakfast. Hot breakfast had not taste.

I did not complain to the manager as the staff were very young and all foreign and I did not want them to get into trouble as I feel this is a management matter that needs addressed at a higher level than hotel management. this hotel is in a beautiful place but is being run into the ground

1  Thank gsg1100

Dear Gsg,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to read how disappointed you were on this occasion.

I will pass on your feedback and use all your comments to ensure we will improve so that we can provide the best service we can.

Reviewed 14 October 2019

Given wrong room, soon corrected and compensated. Milk in room was lumpy. No bath plug. Little choice of meals. Internet in rooms low to non existent, okay in the rest of the hotel. Some parts of the hotel hadn't been cleaned for days. NO room service. Noisy launderette went on for 12 hours a day. We had noisy contractor residents overnight, woke us up. Nice area though.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris J

Dear Chris ,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to read how disappointed you were on this occasion.

I will pass on your feedback and use all your comments to ensure we improve so that we can provide the best service we can.

Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, it’s in a great location but is quite an old fashioned budget hotel. Dinner was basic but good value, and there is not a lot around for eating elsewhere. Rooms small but warm and clean, firm but comfortable bed in my single room.

Huge bar lounge but not well stocked, probably due to being out of season.

Staff were great.

Definitely a good value stopover, probably not somewhere for a longer stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mihaela Penciu, General Manager at Muthu Ben Doran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2021

Dear TimFromHull,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

We value all our customers and all comments are important to us , as it will help us to understand and learn from our guests experiences.

We hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves and return again in the future.