All reviewswedding venueafternoon teafrom start to finishwedding receptionlovely hoteldaughters weddingspecial thanksfirst classevery member of staffbeautiful settingcourse dinnerfood was amazingsteakcooked to perfectionhigh standardattention to detailhaggis
Reviewed 7 August 2018

One concern was an electrical fault (shaver socket) reported on arrival, and several times afterwards was still unresolved on departure 6 days later (potential fire risk) - and a ceiling light fell down (dangling on the wires) showing incorrect fitting used -- leads to doubts about competence of maintenance manager. 3 or 4 times we had to ask for shampoo/ tea bags etc - little things but not replenished daily.

Otherwise - excellent breakfasts and nice relaxed atmosphere

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to Rosslea. I am disappointed to note you had some issues but can assure you there is never a fire risk and the safety of our guest is paramount. The shaver socket is disconnected so not a risk as there were plans in place to remove these from the bedrooms as they are seldom if ever used. The ceiling light has been reinstated and it is a mystery how it managed to fall out as these are tightly fitted. I am monitoring the maintenace of all bedrooms as a result of your comments but I am pleased to say have not come across any issues.
I am sorry that the toiletries and tea / coffee facilities were not replaced daily as this is standard we have in place. I have spoken to housekeeping to ensure our standard is maintained.

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice as was our comfortable room. The employees are very friendly and knowledgeable about the area and activities. Bartender helpful in whisky selections. Food was excellent from bar food to dinner to full breakfast the next morning.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Deborah,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others through Tripadvisor. The opinion of our guest is important to us as we work on developing our hospitality. I am delighted to read you comments and hope to see you back in the not to distant future.

Thanks Again

Don.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Stayed here twice this year and it's ideal for my father-in-law with severe mobility problems. Staff are very good and rooms nice. Disabled rooms have good access and are well-equipped and I would recommend them. Beds in the disabled rooms are a bit low, strangely.
Dinner menu is a bit unusual - over-ambitious, but they were happy for us to eat in the dining room using the bar menu.
I think the locals are being unnecessarily difficult by insisting the church clock chimes all night every 15 minutes. If you've lived there for years I'm sure it wouldn't bother you but it is really disturbing at night. Would it really be such a problem to quieten it between midnight and say 7 am?

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with fellow travellers. I am pleased to note your positive comments and will continue to urge the local church to review the church bell chiming times. These have been operating this way for over 100 years as I regularly get reminded of by locals but I will keep at them. The beds in the room can be changed to normal height beds, please let us know in advance if you are planing another visit and this can be remedied.
I do hope we get the oportunity to welcome you back in the future and I will pass your comments on to the team.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Just spent three nights at Rosslea and had a comfortable stay, all staff were friendly, the room was clean and well presented and had everything you could need, tea, coffee, iron and ironing board, extra towels. I had Room No1 which was at the front of the hotel next to the drive, my only gripe being the fifteen minute bell rings from the church over the road 24hrs a day, clearly beyond the control of the hotel but meant all windows had to be shut at night (it was pretty hot) although not uncomfortable. Bathroom was clean and everything worked, didn't try the emergency pull cord!
Ate in the bar the first night and again service was friendly, the mussels were good, the meatballs were tasty only let down by a tomato sauce that was pretty much tomato soup. Breakfast was good with fresh tea and coffee, good selection of continental and hot breakfast, I ordered bacon and poached eggs, not on the menu but no problem, the waitresses were great and all food was served quickly. Overall a good hotel, would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul H
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travellers. I am delighted to note your comments and I am pleased that you enjoyed our brand of hospitality, the opinion of our guest is important to us as we work hard to develop our customer service.
I do hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I booked two nights at the Rosslea Hall Hotel as I was travelling from NI to work a few miles from the hotel. The hotel is convenient to the place where I was to work and I would have used it for all of my future visits to this location. I had booked through Expedia (first time) so when my client postponed two of the days I contacted Expedia about cancelling my booking. Expendia referred me to the hotel suggesting I ask if I could cancel my booking or change my dates. I emailed the hotel with my request but got a very short and unhelpful reply referring me to Expedia without any offer of help or consideration. I went back onto the Expedia website and discovered in the small print that the hotel did not offer refunds even though Expedia said their policy was to offer full refunds! As a result, I am unable to either change or cancel my booking and am out of pocket by nearly £200.00. This hotel needs to be more flexible and cooperate with its customers. It has just lost my repeat business!! Expedia should also make it clear opposite specific properties if they do not offer refunds instead of supplying misleading information that cannot be relied upon when needed!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank JMcC1955
Robert D M, General Manager at Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your view on Tripadvisor. I must confess I am disappointed to read your comments and very surprised as I regard ourselves as very flexible. It is often the case that email correspondence can be miss represented as there is very seldom tone, just information, this can come across different to what was intended. These situations are always better resolved during a telephone conversation.
We have on many occasions changed dates for clients depending on availability. However if the booking is made through a third party it is not so straightforward to alter bookings.
As the hotel was booked by expedia the cancellation must also be made by expedia. Our policy is that cancellations will be accepted up to 24 hours prior to arrival, unless booked as an advance purchase in which case we will transfer dates where possible but wont offer a refund.
I am not in the business of upsetting guests and would like the opportunity to rectify this issue, I also do not like to leave a guest out of pocket and to that end I would urge you to call me directly on 07798737494. I am sure I can change your opinion of Rosslea Hall.

Don.