All reviewshot tubdrying roomwest highland wayconverted churchbunk houseold churchsteep hillwarm welcometop bunkpacked lunchstained glassfood was amazingafter a long daydays walkingfree earplugsbasic accommodationprivate room
Reviewed 3 April 2018

food was poor, one of our group was sick all night after eating the stew, I myself waited more than 40 minutes for a burger that I just sent back....
4 of us in a 5 bed room were woken by the owner who put a young German girl in beside us(we were aged between 40 and 50) and she looked justifiably horrified...
Very strange to do that as the owner said he could have put her in a caravan on her own ( maybe too much hassle for him) nobody really slept and not a great experience.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
David L, Owner at Inversnaid Bunkhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

And of course there was another side to the story. You had spent the afternoon drinking and berated a member of my staff team in an abusive manner for about 5 minutes after there had been a mistake with your order; we brought the correct item or to you asap which you then refused to touch or pay for.

We approached the other guest to offer her an alternative as you requested, who then made it very clear she was happy with her accommodation.

We received no other complaints that evening regarding food.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Stayed here when walking the West Highland Way. The Bistro is lovely with the stained glass windows, the food quite average, the beer a little expensive. The rooms are small and basic with one Mens and one Ladies/Disabled toilet and shower downstairs for all the rooms and are in need of some TLC. There are no locks on the bedroom doors so it is fortunate we were dressed when some guys wandered into our room! Good drying room. Staff were friendly. Our friends in the double room in a separate annex did have a nicer room and only shared toilet/shower with one other room.

Room Tip: Double room in the annex is best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
InversnaidBunkhouse, Owner at Inversnaid Bunkhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. The Inversnaid Bunkhouse is undergoing a 2 year refurb program including security upgrades and a new shower block coming online in the 2018 season. We will have a brand new menu for 2018 which we think will keep our customers very happy.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I had been really looking forward to staying at Inversnaid bunkhouse and the Bistro had been praised by a few other WHW walkers. It is a lovely building and whilst the Bistro area upstairs is lovely the bunk rooms leave a lot to be desired. The room I stayed in had four beds/two bunks with very little space to manoeuvre. Fortunately we were all non snorers and managed the narrow corridor between the bunks quite well but if you’re at all claustrophobic then this might not be the place for you. Having said that the staff were all very pleasant and very helpful and the food in the Bistro was good, plentiful and reasonably priced. Alcohol is available with your meal again at reasonable prices. If I stayed here again I think I would opt for a shared/private room.

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Anthony S
Reviewed 2 October 2017

This seems to be the only bunkhouse on the WHW at Inversnaid - it serves as an overnight stop but is just OK. Security is bad with no reception at the door, no locks on dorm doors and the the main door open at all times. There were 5 beds in my room with little room to move - I was in alone but with 4 other folk it would have been very crowded. It was cold and I needed the heater on in the dorm and an extra fleece in the bistro.
Music from upstairs bistro goes on late and is clearly audible in dorms downstairs - it also makes conversation difficult upstairs.
Evening meal was OK but expensive for haggis neeps and tatties. Breakfast was good

Room Tip: All rooms are small - und on the floor below the bistro!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We stayed here for one night on a cycling tour. The hostel is in a beautiful setting and the building is lovely - particularly the restaurant room with the stained glass. The staff are very friendly; because it was my birthday we were allowed to use the hot tub for free, and then even came outside now and again to check if we wanted more drinks bringing out! The food was tasty, drinks were good, the beds are cosy and comfy and yes the rooms are small and a bit tired but it's a hostel, not a 5* hotel! Loved it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends