All reviewsheron roomsconesoyster catcheron arrivalguest loungebriefrench toastwindow seatattention to detailold friendsloch lomondnothing is too much troublewarm welcomeprivate bathroomlong drivehome from homefull scottish breakfast
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent a night here on visiting Helensburgh to see The Hill House and I’m so glad we did. From the moment we stepped inside the beautifully styled house, Catriona treated us like old friends, making us feel welcome and immediately at ease. She showed us our gorgeous room and then let us unpack while she prepared tea, coffee and warm scones for us in front of a roaring log fire - bliss!
Prior to arrival Catriona had been kind enough to provide recommendations for where to eat in Helensburgh and also booked a table for us which really surpasses the service I have received in many hotels let alone B&B accommodation.
Breakfast was sublime - hot food choices made the night before ensure you just have enough time to savour the mouthwatering fresh bread which is served still warm from the oven or toasted as you wish before your hot food is served having been cooked to exactly how you want it.
Forget what you may think of as B&B accommodation - this is on another level altogether and I haven’t even mentioned the quiet location, gorgeous sea views or sumptuous furnishings and comfort in our room - you must visit soon!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended to us and now I know why after experiencing first hand this amazing B&B. From the minute you walk through the door you feel welcome and every step you take leads to the discovery of lots of fab furniture/decoration that makes this place special.
Catriona makes you feel relaxed and at ease, she is s fantastic host. She has thought of everything!!! From delicious homemade scones on arrival sitting in front of real fire in a cosy comfortable and very appealing room. (Felt like I was in a showroom with all the lovely ornamental features!)
Our room was great - clean, fresh with a lovely feel to it. Nice fluffy bathrobes (and they are fluffy!!!) Lots of tea/coffee options (real coffee!!) tea cakes/ after eights!! I am in B&B heaven!! (Feels like a hotel too but with the coziness of a magnificent home) there is also many fab books to read in rooms and in lounge! Not enough time to read the ones I wanted so I’m coming back and also taken note of ones I like.
Catriona is very helpful and has made sure that information is relevant and up to date.
Breakfast is a delight - so many great options that I will need to come back and stay longer to go through them all.
We only had one night here which was best night away, just went too quick.
After our meal out in town we returned to enjoy the lounge (and a complimentary night cap) before watching one of the many DVD’s on offer.
This is definitely worth a visit! (And many return visits)

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
CatrionaK64, Owner at No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you so much J and J for such a lovely review. I am SO glad that you had a super night away and enjoyed No.20. It makes all the hard work definitely worth it when I know that our guests enjoy their experience. Time out from the daily buzz of life is very important and I am just delighted when guests leave feeling relaxed and that they have had some “time out”.
We will look forward to seeing you again soon I hope... just so you can read those books! Lol
All the very best and enjoy the rest of your BH Easter weekend.
Best wishes,
Catriona @ No.20

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing hospitality, gorgeous fire and the best nights sleep. Just returned from staying here for a overnight. We were blown away by Cat and Toby’s hospitality. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever tastest and the tea and scones on arrival were a lovely touch. Fantastic value for money too and a lovely location down by the water. Can’t wait to return

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Sadly we could only stay for one night, but do try and stay longer; superb location for exploring this stunning area of Scotland.
Catriona and Tobby are a delight, and clearly love what they do - the attention to detail that has gone into the decor and extra luxury touches in this lovely home are very special indeed. The softest robes ever, lovely decor and interesting furniture pieces, seating area with view of the Clyde via the rocky shoreline, every drawer and cupboard had a little something you might just need. Breakfast was delicious, local food well presented with interesting choices in a warm welcoming and friendly environment. I cannot speak too highly of this very special place. The hard work is invisible but the special results will make you feel cherished and valued - thank you for a brief but special experience.

Room Tip: Choose the sea view rooms and waste days just watching the ships and sky everchanging!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Words can’t say how nice this B&B is. Beautifully Decorated lovely rooms warm welcome really nice owners made use feel at home the rooms have everything you need nice small details in the rooms can not fault this lovely place.
We arrived late the owner found us a place to eat and booked us a table nothing was to much trouble. Breakfast was fresh cooked to perfection. A great stay will Definitely be visiting the No20 Beautique B&B again hotel again. Thanks for a lovely stay Richard Jones & Michelle

Room Tip: All lovely rooms
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple