All reviews west highland way loch lomond steak pie lovely hotel top floor beautiful location evening meal food was great both nights single room family room bar and restaurant mor lodge drying room bit dated beer garden family run hotel
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed overnight on our way to the Highlands. It's a cosy little hotel on the banks of Loch Lomond (the views are fantastic). Our room was on the top floor with a loch side view which was nice. Bed was comfortable and we had everything we needed - but our room had a bath with a hand-held shower (and no shower curtain). The water pressure was so low, taking a shower was mission impossible. On the website the hotel is promising satellite TV, which we found out to be 6 Freeview channels. Food, on the other hand, was excellent - both dinner in the restaurant and breakfast in the morning. It was enough for one night stay and it would be a very good place if not for things I mentioned above.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in lodge for 3 nights, and this was just perfect! Clean and cosy. Hot tub with the stunning views topped it off. Ate in hotel restaurant staff and food was top class service. We will be returning

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sarah_Will85
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Rolled up for lunch at 1.30 and after sitting outside eventually went to bar to order food and drink.
2 cans of Diet Coke were ordered and served by a less than enthusiastic bar staff in the can on a day with temperatures at 30 degrees. A look of astonishment was given when I asked for glasses and ice. Also asked for a lunch menu which was produced with the comment that we could not order for 10 minutes because the kitchen was catching up the subsequent customer was offered a half hour wait. On looking around the restaurant both in and outside was less than half full.
Left quickly after cokes and went 10 minutes up the road to the drovers,please read review for it.
What a poor advert for Scottish tourism

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chumley85
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I was ignored at the bar, staff were all running around the restaurant in a terrible flap. The guy next to me was rolling his eyes at the same comical events. Eventually I was served, I ordered a pint of IPA and asked if I could be accommodated for dinner. I was told in an hour. "No problem, I'll take that pint and sit outside and wait". Still no pint. I asked for the pint 5 mins later, and was abruptly snapped at. So, no pint, and no dinner for me.
Inexperienced staff, no customer service skills whatsoever. AVOID.
(All I wanted was one pint).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank David L
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed as part of the WHW. Had a solo room on the top floor which had a powerful shower and a good hairdryer. Spoiled by large family in adjoining rooms that kept slamming doors as they went between each others rooms.

Awful weather so all visitors were dining inside. The first 3 things that I ordered from the menu were not available but I had the steak pie and it was very good, a large portion too.

Not sure what was going on with the staffing though, everyone was very pleasant but it seemed disorganised. I had to ask twice for my glass of wine, and after a while the chef came out to say he hadn't forgotten about me but the new boy in the kitchen hadn't turned the oven on properly!!

It didn't seem busy but there was 1 man, from the previously mentioned large family, making a fuss because the wifi was painfully slow- welcome to the highlands I thought as I sipped my wine!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo