All reviewsguest loungefamily roomstunning views over the bayfirst floorfull scottishowners were friendlybed was very comfortablevaried menusitting roomferry terminallovely weekendexcellent locationb and bmount stuarttwin roombreakfast was deliciousyogurt
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This hotel is a little gem. The rooms are beautiful and clean, the beds comfortable and the service fantastic.

The breakfast was lovely and the young son is an excellent assistant, polite and efficient and a credit to his parents.

This hotel is centrally situated, making it perfect for staying in Penrith.

Room Tip: All rooms are great from what we could tell!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Me and my boyfriend stayed for one night in October. The owner was so welcoming and our room was comfy, cosy and clean. The guest house is located centrally and is always recognisable from the bay by the interesting spire on the top. The breakfast was delicious and the little sitting room got us chatting with the owner and the other guests over breakfast. It was a really welcoming guest house and we were able to leave our bags upon checking out until our ferry later in the day. I would highly recommend the Glendale guest house and would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Cosy, comfy stay. Clean and warm rooms with a unique feel. 10 mins walk from the harbour and a couple of mins from bars and restaurants. Owners are welcoming and friendly but not intrusive. Breakfasts are delicious. All in all really good value for money will return again if back on Bute.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan M
Reviewed 4 September 2017

we booked this guesthouse whilst travelling around scotland with no fixed agenda. i have to say seaside B&B's would not be my first choice for accommodation ,however i was pleasantly surprised by the Glendale. The owner was very pleasant and we stayed in a family room looking out over the bay. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a cosy feel to it. the shower room was a little small and the water was rather tepid for my liking ,but i might not have been operating it all correctly. Other bits in the room were a little mismatched but i think this is the quirky appeal of independent Guest houses(my children are still on about the carpet on the staircase -made quite an impression. .For me the biggest plus was the breakfast -it was excellent- the plates were hot ,the food was hot and above all very tasty. Finally i have to say the owner proved to have excellent customer service skills,after leaving the guesthouse i realised i had left my bag there- i arranged to come back to the ferry terminal where he came and met me with my bag- A really good example of going the extra mile-One i shall use when talking to my staff on training days!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely wee place to stay,friendly owner who gives a you a friendly welcome,room we stayed in was really lovely great view from the room despite the small window but makes up for it with the communal sitting area with it stunning view from the bay window.
Will stay there again and will recommend this guest house to friends.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple