All reviews coaching inn amuse bouche poster bed received a very warm welcome continental breakfast sourdough bread ice cream high standard first class room was large generous portions porridge one night stay the main road salmon main course a wee bit
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Looking for a quiet and secluded place, we booked this guest house. We were not disappointed. Christine, the receptionist, cook and guide made a point to contact us before we arrived. She greeted us warmly when we checked in. The inn is old and has the character associated with that. That said, upgrades have been made without altering the historical essence. Our room was large and comfy, as was the bathroom. Christine answered our questions about the local vegetation, recommended local restaurants and served a nice continental breakfast the next morning. Finally, she gave us directions back to Glasgow that took us through beautiful and historic scenery.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlcsatx
ChristineR3942, General Manager at The Taynuilt Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Also please that you enjoyed the route I recommended!

Lovely to have met you both xx

Reviewed 14 September 2018

We have stayed multiple times at the Taynuilt Guest House, and at every arrival we have been greeted by very friendly staff, who have been very accommodating, keen to assist with local information. The facilities are in keeping with a traditional character property that has been modernised in a tasteful manner, without detriment to the history of the property. Each of the rooms we have occupied (over several visits (Double and Twin)) have been of a good quality, clean and well presented. The beds have been comfortable and room facilities in keeping with a business that wishes to retain repeat custom.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Glad you enjoyed your stay here and appreciate the traditional element of the Guest House.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

We were made very welcome by the manager, Christine, and enjoyed a 2 night stay in a large comfortable room with a modern and well equipped bathroom. The continental breakfast was excellent and substantial and set us up for exploring the local area. Christine was particularly helpful in suggesting interesting places and gardens to visit locally. We would certainly stay again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Being unable to book three consecutive nights in Oban I searched around the reviews for local village accommodation and booked this one based on the reviews. I was in the Loch Ness room that certainly was not a monster but was large enough with a comfortable bed and not too much noise from the road although, that said, I am hard of hearing. The main gripe I have is with the bathroom that does not have a window or an extractor so once you have showered you have a room full of steam and condensation that is an absolute pest when trying to shave. Leaving the bathroom door open is not an alternative as obviously the room steams up and the windows condensate. Apart from this the cold water tap is shoogly (loose) and the hot water takes an age to reach the room. The miniature TV has Freesat that works when the weather is OK but do not expect any BBC channels. Thankfully Christine managed to find me some DVD's that kept me amused at night.
The continental breakfast is acceptable but as a previous reviewer has said, I would prefer to make my own selections rather than having it handed to me on a plate although Christine's explanation for this makes a lot of sense. The coffee is without doubt the best I have ever had in any hotel or guest house in Argyll.
I probably have become too used to staying in 4* guest houses in Oban at a much reduced rate from the £75 per night that I paid here but, as Taynuilt does not have anywhere to dine at night, there is the added bonus of using the excellent bistro at Brander Lodge two miles up the Glasgow road at the start of the Pass of Brander.
I would probably stay again if I ever encounter the same accommodation problems in Oban again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Well, I think that's a pretty good review all being said! The TV in your room is now fixed, as is the tap.

Very pleased you enjoyed your coffee - as a practicing Barista, its important to me that your coffee is good and this blend certainly seems to appeal to most guests!

Lets hope that Oban is full the next time you visit and you are more satisfied with the room we allocate to you.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I was attending a wedding at close by hotel. The room had everything I required and was very clean. I enjoyed a restful night. There was a good choice in the continental breakfast. Christine was made me very welcome and was extremely helpful during my stay. Thank you.

Date of stay: August 2018