“Lovely Owners and Very Welcoming.”

Empire Travel Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lochgilphead
Empire Travel Lodge
Ranked #2 of 7 Lochgilphead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Couldn't fault a thing. Ele and Jim were especially kind and helpfull during my stay there. Was unsure how long I would be staying and it was not a problem to them at all as 2 members of my family joined me at different stages of stay.Great breakfast. Ele even done washing for me! Really great couple and good to chat to. Lots of helpful information too.
I'm so glad we were reccommended to stay here.
Thank you both so much for all your kindness. Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: All on ground floor. Very, very comfortaqble.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I've used this accommodation many years ago, the new owners couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are large and bright, the breakfast ingredients were of a good quality. I've paid twice as much elsewhere for lower quality accommodation. Excellent value.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I stayed for two nights for business in Oct 2016. I stayed in room 7.

Overall I agree with the vast majority of reviews here and I feel this place is excellent value for money. 'Travel Lodge' is an excellent name - it is more the quality of a Travellodge chain hotel or Premier Inn than a B&B. Rooms are utterly spotless and clean. Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits, and towels on demand. Strange smell when I entered the room - but then realised it was an a plug in air freshener that I didn't like! Heating is strong and powerful if you need it on.

Beds are a little too firm but once asleep I slept soundly. Breakfast was SUPERB. Lovely cooked meal. Hosts are a couple who are very friendly and run a super business.

I would recommend this place for business or pleasure - though the walls are paper thin, so I wouldn't choose this place if you are planning on partying after a night out or what have you, and that's inconsiderate to the other guests and the owners who live upstairs.

5/5.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lou22223
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Good value for a double room and breakfast. Had everything we could have needed (e.g. iron and ironing board, hairdryer, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits!)
Quiet location and very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatsySmith
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I have to say I really enjoyed my time here, mainly due to the hosts and the amazing breakfasts.

But, I can't allow my heart to rule my head when it comes to this review and I feel I have to highlight some flaws.

My room had a horrible smell of damp and it was evident the moment I walked in. The rooms were freezing cold and even with the heater on full blast for a couple of hours, it felt like going into a freezing snow pit when you were going to bed. This must have been a combination of the cold and the damp and it just took the gloss of what was a pleasant stay.

The breakfast was just superb and the hosts were lovely.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Cactus_1982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochgilphead
0 km away
0.3 km away
Horseshoe Inn
Horseshoe Inn
#4 of 7 in Lochgilphead

Been to Empire Travel Lodge? Share your experiences!