Kirnan House B&B(Lochgilphead)
US$124
The Argyll Inn(Lochgilphead)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Free Internet
The Corran(Lochgilphead)
Horseshoe Inn(Lochgilphead)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed heregreat breakfastgreat place to staylovely ownerscentre of towncycling tripiron ironing boardroom was largecomfortable accommodationrecommend staying hereconverted cinemawarm welcomebusiness triphome from homewould definitely stay here againon arrivalperfect hosts
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I've used this accommodation many years ago, the new owners couldn't be more helpful. The rooms are large and bright, the breakfast ingredients were of a good quality. I've paid twice as much elsewhere for lower quality accommodation. Excellent value.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2016

I stayed for two nights for business in Oct 2016. I stayed in room 7.

Overall I agree with the vast majority of reviews here and I feel this place is excellent value for money. 'Travel Lodge' is an excellent name - it is more the quality of a Travellodge chain hotel or Premier Inn than a B&B. Rooms are utterly spotless and clean. Plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits, and towels on demand. Strange smell when I entered the room - but then realised it was an a plug in air freshener that I didn't like! Heating is strong and powerful if you need it on.

Beds are a little too firm but once asleep I slept soundly. Breakfast was SUPERB. Lovely cooked meal. Hosts are a couple who are very friendly and run a super business.

I would recommend this place for business or pleasure - though the walls are paper thin, so I wouldn't choose this place if you are planning on partying after a night out or what have you, and that's inconsiderate to the other guests and the owners who live upstairs.

5/5.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Lou22223
Reviewed 23 September 2016

Good value for a double room and breakfast. Had everything we could have needed (e.g. iron and ironing board, hairdryer, tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits!)
Quiet location and very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatsySmith
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I have to say I really enjoyed my time here, mainly due to the hosts and the amazing breakfasts.

But, I can't allow my heart to rule my head when it comes to this review and I feel I have to highlight some flaws.

My room had a horrible smell of damp and it was evident the moment I walked in. The rooms were freezing cold and even with the heater on full blast for a couple of hours, it felt like going into a freezing snow pit when you were going to bed. This must have been a combination of the cold and the damp and it just took the gloss of what was a pleasant stay.

The breakfast was just superb and the hosts were lovely.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
3  Thank Cactus_1982
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Would highly recommend this place. It's excellent value for money, and while the rooms might not be luxurious, you have everything you need for a comfortable stay. The hosts are friendly and welcoming, the rooms are comfy and the breakfast's good too. I know we're looking forward to our next stay already.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business