3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$367
Trip.comUS$323
ZenHotels.comUS$420
1,099 results
All reviews seafood restaurant scallops stunning views sea bass loch linnhe bar menu cooked to perfection hotel restaurant dining room long weekend lovely location lovely room biscuits haggis yogurt balcony sauna
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 December 2020

Due to covid we had our existing hotel booking cancelled. I booked this place because of the reviews which are normally reliable but this place was a dump.
Thankfully we only stayed for one night but it was one of the worst nights sleep I've ever had. I felt every spring of the mattress in my back. You could've even sit on the bed without hearing cranks and bangs from the mattress. The headboard was also ready to fall off. I would've preferred to the sleep in the car.

Very disappointing that this was the first hotel we stayed in as a married couple. We got married 2 days prior in a lovely setting a few hours away and needed somewhere to break the journey up heading towards Isle of Skye with our 1 year old daughter. I put on the booking about being newly married etc it would've been nice to have a welcome drink or something.

The room felt dirty, the carpets looked disgusting. There wasn't even warm water for a shower. No bottled water provided yet the room was very hot.

Staff had no personality or way with people. We ate in the restaurant (food was ok thankfully) but we had the first booking of the evening. My wife ordered seabass. I watched another couple get seated 2 minutes later both wanted seabass and they said sorry we've only one left.
When the food arrived on piping hot plates the member of staff couldn't even let us know the plates were dangerously hot yet he sets a plate in front of my daughter who's first instinct is to grab everything she gets her hands on.

The only positive thing about this place was the view from the room.
With a complete refurbishment it has potential but I wouldn't let a dog stay in the room we had. Room 19 (supposedly this seems to be a favorite somehow).

On check out when asked did I enjoy my stay? When I responded no and that the bed was done they didn't seem to appreciate my feedback or offer any discount or apology.

I'm not fussy. I've stayed in hotels worldwide ranging from bed and breakfast budget to 5 star luxury. A hotel should provide a good night sleep if anything at all and this place couldn't even do that.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank D M
Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

Arrived to a warm welcome, given a spacious spotless room, food was excellent and good portions, staff were all professional and helpful, nothing was a problem, we enjoyed it so much we stayed an extra night, well done Holly Lodge.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DBSenior
Reviewed 2 December 2020

The staff were really helpful and happy and made sure everything was perfect for you. Room 19 has the most amazing views from the balcony across Loch Linnhe. The restaurant was comfy and relaxing to enjoy the view while we had a few drinks.

Room tip: Room 19 has the most amazing views from the balcony across Loch Linnhe
1  Thank Y2394JXstephenr
Reviewed 22 November 2020

We came here for the sticky toffee pudding 2 years ago while staying at another hotel. We came back for my birthday weekend to have the pudding again. It was just as good as I remembered it. We stayed 2 nights and it was a perfect, scenic, relaxing weekend. Our room was very comfortable with an incredible view. The light and clouds are always moving, so it's never the same view twice. We ate both nights at the hotel restaurant. The service was superb- really nice folks working here. The food was delicious. I'm a vegetarian and they had 2 options- both of which I really enjoyed. And of course, the sticky toffee pudding! To die for! At least, to travel for! Location was amazing- so close to so many other scenic spots (it itself is a scenic spot). Very thoughtful about covid- I felt well taken care of. Nice cozy hot tub. All around- a perfect weekend.

1  Thank k8dkc
Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

My partner and I got engaged at the weekend and so I'd booked ourselves a night here to celebrate and wow!! It did not disappoint. Each and every one of the staff were so helpful, friendly and welcoming. The pool and jacuzzi felt very luxurious and made even sweeter by the stunning views across to ben Nevis and beyond. I had the seabass for dinner which was fresh and delicious, and of course the fact that we could have our dog with us for the stay just topped it off for us both.

Couldn't recommend highly enough!

Thank you to the staff for helping make our weekend so special :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple